high sodium meal

Options
OTchic
OTchic Posts: 205 Member
Hubby wants to go out to dinner tonight and I decided to eat the Signature Sirloin With Garlic Herb Shrimp Meal from Applebees which is 550 calories and could be less if i ask for more veggies than the red potatoes. BUT i read that it has 2400+ in sodium! so my intake for today would be 3,928 of sodium. I have NEVER had that much I guess the only negative effect is that I will weigh more tomorrow and thats the only negative effect?

If anyone has any suggestions for me to eat something else let me know. Looks like the salads are high in sodium too and I just had one for lunch so I don't want salad for dinner too. xD

Replies

• ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'd say just drink extra tomorrow and tonight and go for it,
    it's not like you eat out somewhere every night so it won't hurt you :)
  • Richard323
    Richard323 Posts: 21
    Options
    Sodium in itself isn't a huge problem, if your active, and maintin a well hydrated body, sodium will become a problem if you sit around, don't drink water, and do nothing. Not saying high sodium is good for you, but then again having a beer, or drinks is also bad for you, however once and awhile is okay and wont kill you. However, if you do so everyday, then over time it will. Same is true with sodium. Honestly just enjoy your night.