Bikram yoga??

Options
2»

Replies

• luchien
    luchien Posts: 15
    Options
    Also, I have done Barkan, Moksha, and Bikram methods. By far Moksha or Barkan were the best. If you have any studios offering those methods instead I reccomend them over Bikram.

Thanks for the info what makes the other two better?
    [/quote]

Barkan and Moksha methods have more variety of poses, and many classes start the same and do have similar flows they also add in ab work and each class is a bit different. Bikram has the same 26 postures and I started to get sick of it. Also every Bikram studio I have gone to has carpet... and carpet plus sweat smells really bad. I would see if there is more than one hot yoga studio around and do a few classes at each to see what you prefer and if you like the hot room they have.
  • tnrmy1
    tnrmy1 Posts: 2
    Options
    But Bikram yoga is done in a lighted room with continuous verbal instruction from teacher. There is not much quiet about it..
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    But Bikram yoga is done in a lighted room with continuous verbal instruction from teacher. There is not much quiet about it..

the studio I went to had very low lighting and the instructors were very low key and it was very quiet. it was great
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Bikram has copyrighted his routine and the studios claiming to be Bikram Yoga have to run things a very particular way. A lot of knock-offs and non-BY yoga studios do heated yoga or "unofficial" BY classes. A lot of times people don't even realize what they're doing isn't really Bikram.

I love it but it's too expensive and too much of a time-sucker. I didn't lose weight on it but I found a lot of other benefits.