Is anyone hearing following MFP calories etc and losing...

Options
Hey!

I was just wondering if those going by MFP recommendations are losing weight..... Do you stay within the carbs etc? I usually don't go over on anything but the fat says 40 is that too high??

Thanks

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    I adjusted everything. 50%carbs 20% fat 30% protein. I also increased my sugar cuz I eat alot if fruit lowered my sodium cuz I eat too much of it. I don't follow mfp cuz it puts me at 1200 for -1pound a week and I cant eat that low. It also had me at only 10 mins of exercise a day 5 days a week and I work out about 40-60 mins everyday. You gotta find what works for you
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have adjusted mine down to 30% carbs/30% protein/40% fat. If you follow their recs and aren't losing weight just play around with it (eating more protein, less carbs, etc) until you see the results you want. 40% fat, or even more is fine, if it is from healthy fats and you are watching your total calories.
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i have lost 26 lbs in a little over 60 days and all i follow is the caloire intake.... i pay no attention to the carbs,etc... usually my protein is over but i only watch the calories. i know some people do watch carbs but not me....
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I changed the goals from what MFP had just last week to a 40/30/30 split and am monitoring to see how it goes.

I also changed my calorie from the MFP provided 1200 to 1350 as I had stopped losing and wasn't feeling well. I immediately bounced back and have a steady loss since then and feel much better.

The provided settings are a great way to get started but you need to pay attention to your body and figure out what works and what doesn't work for you specifically and research / adjust accordingly.

Good luck!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have been doin it for 6months honestly for me, counting calories sucks! I wish I could go back to how I was doin before I learned bout calorie counting, tdee, bmr, bmi, body fat % maintenance and calorie in v.s calorie out. I HATE the fact that I feel so horrible when I go over on calories. and I hate knowing omg I only have like 300 calories left for the day what am I gonna eat. I like maybe NOT KNOWING.. I DONT WANT TO KNOW MY CALORIE COUNT NE MORE. And to be honest it didnt work for me. its just driven me crazy and then I get mad or go way under or way over. Its never been a happy medium for me :/ So as of today I am done. and just gonna keep working out and try and eat right. I dont care if im over or under ne more..
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    lol mine is 40%carb 30%fat 30%protein. I increased my calories to my TDEE - 500. (that being said I rarely go over 1400 cal. even with exercise.) I don't usually eat my exercise calories.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I do around 45% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat. I don't hit it every day, but I'm usually fairly close.
    I eat 1500 a day and do about 500 in exercise. Dropping 2lbs a week.
    The biggest thing is to get at least 25% protein and play around with the rest. Fat calories aren't a bad thing, I welcome as much as I can. Total calories is what determines the losses.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding now and not trying to lose, but I had no trouble losing while following my MFP recommendations. I did usually go over on protein, and I always had 1-2 days off from counting calories and eating healthy every week.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My theory after just a few months using MFP is strictly counting calories in-calories out. Losing weight is so important to health that I don't worry about the particular qualities of what I'm eating. As I get closer to my goal weight I intend to fine tune my diet. I do try to eat healthy foods, but I don't worry about a few too many carbs/fat for the day.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I customized mine. It's drastically different from what they set for me. Im also not looking to lose like 1lb a week. Im in it for 3-4 lbs a week. My cals were at 2800, I chopped it down to 1200. Sodium was at 2500, knocked it down to either 1500 or 2000. But I've been losing steady weight at that pace. Im down 18 pounds so far this month.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I lose weight when MFP is set to maintenance, so I'm set to 300 over maintenance right now.

I try to eat at most 30% fat (at most 10% saturated) and at least 10% protein. I don't pay any attention to carbs. I also eat a lot of fiber and usually try to stay under 2300mg sodium.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    well I joined 3 weeks ago and followed the recommended calorie intake but also stayed within my sugar intake and lost the 10lbs I was seeking in 2 weeks....helped that I burned way more than I took in due to me running alot...but Iam impressed... didn't think it would work especially that fast.