My weekness

busymom74
busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My biggest weekness is Act 2 butter lovers popcorn. A few months ago I bought a big box from sam's and it's still here. (since I've mostly been good about avoiding it.) My problem is when I have the extra cals I eat it. The whole bag. It is sooooooo bad for me but I keep justifying it by saying I have the calories for it.

So today= Day one of no popcorn. My goal is to go 1 whole entire month without it and maybe I won't want it anymore. (Although I've gone two and have just recently started eating it again but we'll see.)

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    You can do it girl ...you got the willpower bring it out grrr...:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Throw it away. I know, you don't want to waste the money. But, how much is the lack of a temptation worth?
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Throw it away. I know, you don't want to waste the money. But, how much is the lack of a temptation worth?

I agree I have even throwed away things or give it to your kids Ive give tempting stuff to my high metabolic 8 year old lil brother:laugh: :laugh:
  • busymom74
    lol Good point! Maybe I'll take it into work and let everyone have what they want. It's sooooo good!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    That's funny because I just threw a walmart bag of frozen food into the dumpster. A fried chicken patty, a few pancakes, and some mozarella cheese sticks went in....I feel good that they're gone! Besides, they were just taking up needed space in my freezer. Now I can fill it with frozen produce from this lovely summer!

What I'm saying is you won't miss the popcorn once it's gone. You could take it to work and give it away if you don't want to throw it out. Even though that popcorn is in your caloric range, it has a ton of fat, even the dreaded trans fat!! I got 94% fat free popcorn 100 cal bags, and at first it was a big change from the movie style butter I was used to getting, but now I love it!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    lol Good point! Maybe I'll take it into work and let everyone have what they want. It's sooooo good!

That''s what I did when my trainer told me she didn't want me eating breakfast bars anymore.
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    That's a great way to break habits. Just focus on one for a month and you'll be break the habit for good. Then next month you can quit something else. Its been proven to work much better than quitting a bunch of stuff all at once.

YOU WILL SUCCEED!:flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Thanks! Posting it here really makes it final, you know? lol I've been saying I'd stop eating it but I didn't, now I HAVE to. :laugh:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    My biggest weekness is Act 2 butter lovers popcorn. A few months ago I bought a big box from sam's and it's still here. (since I've mostly been good about avoiding it.) My problem is when I have the extra cals I eat it. The whole bag. It is sooooooo bad for me but I keep justifying it by saying I have the calories for it.

So today= Day one of no popcorn. My goal is to go 1 whole entire month without it and maybe I won't want it anymore. (Although I've gone two and have just recently started eating it again but we'll see.)

What about switching to airpopped popcorn? There are a whole lot less additives and you can control what goes onto it I usually add just a little bit of melted margerine and a bit of salt. Still delicious, but more healthy
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    I too have thrown away foods and given them to friends
This discussion has been closed.