Is There a Food/Drink You Just Can't Give Up?

Options

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    avocado rolls :o
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    For a long time, it was diet caffeine-free pop. And then it started to give me migraines, so that made it a lot easier for me to stop drinking. :ohwell:
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    Beer, coffee, peanut butter and dark chocolate. Probably could give them up, but won't... :smile:
  • cvaldahl
    cvaldahl Posts: 3
    Options
    I know there could be a lot worse things that I just can't give up but mine is Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi. Everyone keeps telling me how bad it is for me and my teeth but I just can't say good bye!!!!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Chicken Tikka Masala.

That is the second time this week I have seen Tikka Masala, but I have no idea what it is! Please describe :D

I think it is God's way of showing heaven in food? lol. Kidding.

Its grilled (or tandoor oven cooked) chicken that is first marinated in ginger, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, yogurt, and other spices. Aftter it has absorbed for a half day to a day, its grilled. Then there is the sauce, which has a whole ton of spices, but is based on a tomato sauce with cream, cumin, paprika, curry powder, etc whatever the particular recipe is.

Its really not like anything I've ever had otherwise, but its an indian/british food so the flavors are very complex and just bloom in your mouth. Its intoxicating and incredible. You eat it with rice and or naan, which is like a pita but way better.

If you go to a restaurant, the quality will be really hit or miss. But if done right, its the best food in the world! :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds vanilla cone and gin.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Choc chip cookies!

Those are the best cookies. I think I'm drooling just thinking about them now.
  • dasaucywench
    dasaucywench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke...particularly one from a fountain, McDonalds, gas station, doesn't matter. I will go out of my way to get one! I have issues people!
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    Coke Zero for me.... I used to drink a lot of coke, thank goodness I weaned myself onto Coke Zero for the no sugar part. I absolutely love it and it is my one consistent pleasure. I know its bad for me, but for now I have no intention of giving it up - it gives me too much joy!
  • Starqueg
    Starqueg Posts: 39
    Options
    Chocolate. I have a bag of Reeses PB Cup Minis in my freezer and am limiting myself to one each day.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    beer. I will never give up beer.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have given up my favorite thing ever. Baking cookies. My signature choc chip cookies have 441 calories each. Giving up the baking has been harder than giving up the cookies

Not giving up gummy bears or peanut butter though.
  • trblmakr23
    trblmakr23 Posts: 44
    Options
    COFFEEEEEEEEEEE!! I can't give that up. But I've cut back to at least one cup a day..usually first thing in morning. If I'm having bad day then maybe two. I seriously didn't think I'd be able to cut out my coca cola, but I have..that in itself is huge accomplishment for me. :)
  • joandxx
    joandxx Posts: 8
    Options
    Tea!!! without doubt...tried to give it up so many times but just couldnt help myself!!
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    Wine!!
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Umm...

<
  • kburgess247
    kburgess247 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cookies!! I have a problem. But I love them so much.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Coffee with my flavored creamer. I've moved over to SF, but I still have to have it.
  • itzasunie
    itzasunie Posts: 5
    Options
    Coca Cola! :(
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today....Here I am measuring out all of my food to take to work tonight...boneless, skinless chicken breast over mixed greens and plain greek yogurt sweetened with fruit, yada, yada, yada

and then I made myself a nice Fluffernutter Sandwich.... I will never give up a yummy peanut butter and fluff sandwich with the kids :smile: