Is your goal realistic?

Options
2»

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    No, probably not. The hardest part is going to be tattooing my eyeballs completely black. I'm up for the challenge, though.

prometheus-sacrificial-engineer-570x290.jpg
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    When i first started this journey i thought i was dreaming now i'm almost to my goal weight and thinking about making another goal. My goals in life may be unattainable though as i have been told, but they are my goals so eh.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Yeppers peppers. I'm currently 141, aiming for 105 at 5'4. (:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    "Set your goals to the stars, not the clouds. You may not reach the stars, but you'll definitely get past the clouds."

So, I was just wondering!

Absolutely, there is nothing wrong with aiming for an ideal and getting most of the way there. Or eating a certain way and having the occasional indulgence. You'd go nuts otherwise.

My initial weight loss goal I thought was realistic and it turns out it was. I have been continuing down my nutritional path and can see I can do a whole lot better, maybe even some level of fitness that I would never have thought I would achieve at the ripe 'old age' of 40. As I carry on I seem to have boundless energy and no mental 'fog' or periods of being down.

I can feel that my body is grateful for the switch and wants me to do a whole lot better so I am continuing until I find a natural intuitive state of 'fitness'. The number on the scale is immaterial to me but I'll be interested to see where it ends up in any case :)

This all sounds like some kind of unbelievable guff I know (hey, I could be a morbidly obese troll just saying this stuff for a laugh) but I swear it is true.

I guess the idea is to aim high and, who knows, the journey may encourage you to go higher still as you gain energy and well-being.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I always have goals... so if one doesn't happen to work out, there's always another to work on. I've reached many of them and plan on doing the same with more. :)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm going to saw yes it is. I have a goal of dropping another 80lbs, and yeah I'll do it. It might take me another 2 years because I'm building muscle at the same time but I'll still hit it
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options

"Set your goals to the stars, not the clouds. You may not reach the stars, but you'll definitely get past the clouds."

I love that quote! Its how I think of eating actually. meaning, I aim to eat the healthiest possible, but I know I will fail sometimes. Since I am persistent and giving my best effort, my failures won't be huge ones usually, and I can still do well. That's in a day by day basis.

I might want to lose weight faster than it will happen, but the approximate time and the end goals are possible. I want to be strong, fit, and totally hot! I think that is achievable, and it will just take some work and good fuel for my body(oh and time of course)

:)

I don't see any reason why you couldn't reach your fitness goal?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yes it is!!
    With a made up mind..... ALL is possible.

Wish much success to all !!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My weight loss goal? Absolutely!
    Personal goals? Some of them. I live in hope/denial lol
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    I believe so. I'm not setting a firm goal because my biggest concern is how I feel in my clothes and about my body. I've set a goal of between 35 to 45 pounds lost. I'm aiming at 40 since I'm rewarding myself for every 10 pounds lost. :-)