I'm not hungry, but i still have over 1,000 calories left?

Options
I had around 500 calories left, but i just got done exercising the first half of my exercise routine, and now i have a bit over 1,000 calories left for the day. What do i do? I dont want to force feed myself, and im not fully done exercising! Please help?!

Replies

• Reignofmongo
    Reignofmongo Posts: 137
    Options
    Don't eat. lol, under eating every once in a while won't hurt you. Just think, that's an extra 1000 cals toward that 3500 for a pound of fat lost. ;)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be under, just not on a regular basis.
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I had around 500 calories left, but i just got done exercising the first half of my exercise routine, and now i have a bit over 1,000 calories left for the day. What do i do? I dont want to force feed myself, and im not fully done exercising! Please help?!

While I agree that it's okay to be under once in a while, 1000 cals is a lot under! Sometimes, if I exercise late in the day, I eat my exercise cals the next day. For some reason, right after I get done working out I will feel nauseated and hot! So, I just eat more the following day, tend to be hungrier the next day anyway.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    One day with a high deficit is no biggie; 2 days is room to be concerned. And 3 days is a pattern you'd best break.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    good advice in here!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Maybe drinking some milk?
  • Reignofmongo
    Reignofmongo Posts: 137
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with the above post. 1000 under isn't harmful in the least. Fasting is a common practice for kick-starting the metabolism.... People can do it for a week with absolutely no negative side effects, with the exception of a little brain fog from the lack of carbs. So going under, even by quite a bit, is not going to be bad. Hell, it may make you feel better in the short term. Less energy going to the digestive system, more to you and whatever you may wanna do. ;) lol
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I will have a few 100 remaining on my zumba nights. I only eat when I am hungry.
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with the above post. 1000 under isn't harmful in the least. Fasting is a common practice for kick-starting the metabolism.... People can do it for a week with absolutely no negative side effects, with the exception of a little brain fog from the lack of carbs. So going under, even by quite a bit, is not going to be bad. Hell, it may make you feel better in the short term. Less energy going to the digestive system, more to you and whatever you may wanna do. ;) lol

This!! I do it quite often.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but if I eat I feel like I am going to explode. Very rarely can I get through all of my calories, which, without exercise are about 1450.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    A few tablespoons of peanut butter and a glass a milk maybe ;3?
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If I had 1000 calories left I would get a milkshake and fries.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I don't eat back exercise calories..my doctor and nutritionist both told me not to...so sometimes it looks like my net is very low and I have a ton left...I just ignore it and keep on truckin.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    :) I agree with the others. A big calorie deficit isn't going to do much harm every now and then... But, 1,000 is a lot and you might want to try drinking some calories back if you're up for it. Just have a big glass of milk before bed -- great for bone health and liquid intake, obviously, but it'll also lower your deficit just a bit.

If you plan on exercising like this often, try incorporating higher calorie foods into your meals for the day.
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Get_Me_Fit1 Posts: 194
    Options
    All great advice! Thanks so much guys!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I agree with you, man. I've lost 46 so far and since I started back in August 2011, I hit several annoying plateaus. Fasting and under eating was the only way I could get out and continue. The only difference for me, is on the days I don't eat as much, I don't do as much cardio as hard as I usually do.
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Great question! This happens to me especially on days I DON'T exercise because I'm just not as hungry. Like today, I have like 800 calories left and I'm about to get off work...I don't want to go home and eat because I'm probably going to bed as soon as I get home and I'm just not hungry...really liking reading these responses!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Honestly, as long as it's not daily, I wouldn't worry about it. But in the same right, don't worry if you're over some days, too - as long as your week averages out (this is pretty awesomely easy to check out on your phone, if you've got the app), then it's all the same. Today I'm about 700 over. I'm still below average for the week.
  • sunny_yogi
    sunny_yogi Posts: 19
    Options
    then don't eat. seriously..just listen to your body.
  • sunny_yogi
    sunny_yogi Posts: 19
    Options

This!! I do it quite often.

omfg - yes - THIS^