Best meals you've made! Lowerrr fat/cals... GO!!!!!

Options
ExplorinLauren
ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
Breakfast: Omelette: 3 egg white, 1 whole egg, spinach, scallions, mushrooms, topped with pico de gallo and small amt of ketchup. around 250 cals. Add turkey bacon and you are still under 300-330

Lunch... this is a tough one! My salad... 2 cups romaine, 1/2 a tomato, cucumber, onions, croutons, 1/2 c cottage cheese and 2 tbs REAL FULL FAT RANCH... 275 cals.

Dinner... Ahh so many choices. Sirloin grilled, laid to rest... cut in slices... one sirloin serves 3-4... with a salad and grilled red potatoes ( made with I can't believe its not butter, chives, Lawrys and garlic) ... under 600 cals.
Pork Tenderloin, marinating in WEBER teriyaki with pineapple juice for 15 hours. served with Rice Pilaf and a side salad... (under 600 cals)
Hell... as far as I'm concerned... grill it add veggies and its a meal! And usually a great one! Who needs stuff from a box??!?
Taco soup... My "cheat meal" if you will...
Still under 500 cals - 6-700 if you push it..
Lean hamburger, one pkt each of ranch and taco seasoning, black beans, rotel tomatoes, fiesta corn... in crockpot all day... add some shredded cheese to your bowl with some baked tortilla chips... maybe a little sour cream/salsa... MMMMMM!

I'm posting this so I can hear other recipes :) I may be cheating a little! Love to stay as close to clean as possible tho!

Replies

• Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I live on grilled or baked asparagus plus either steak (fried with a tablespoon of butter) or blue menu chicken fingers. Absolutely delicious.
  • suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Options
    Breakfast:
    - Oatmeal with greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Simple.

- Scrambled egg whites with 1 yolk on a toasted 100% whole wheat english muffin, topped with a lightly pan-fried zucchini.

Dinner:
    - Sloppy joes with a health twist!
    Extra lean ground chicken cooked with diced onion, green pepper, garlic. Add a teaspoon each of cayenne, paprika, and ground cumin. Add a can of tomato paste. A little bit of mustard and then ketchup for moisture! Alter until your liking! The cayenne adds a little heat but it's not too overwhelming. Serve half a cup on a 100% whole wheat bun. I am full after just one!

- Spaghetti squash and tomato sauce, topped with lots of garden fresh parsley and olives
  • kaylamarie54
    kaylamarie54 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This all sounds great!
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I made a pretty awesome pizza in which I promptly pigged down half of it for appox. 730 calories. It had a homemade crust, pastrami, provolone, store bought pizza sauce, peppers and onions.
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Breakfast:
    - Oatmeal with greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Simple.

- Scrambled egg whites with 1 yolk on a toasted 100% whole wheat english muffin, topped with a lightly pan-fried zucchini.

Dinner:
    - Sloppy joes with a health twist!
    Extra lean ground chicken cooked with diced onion, green pepper, garlic. Add a teaspoon each of cayenne, paprika, and ground cumin. Add a can of tomato paste. A little bit of mustard and then ketchup for moisture! Alter until your liking! The cayenne adds a little heat but it's not too overwhelming. Serve half a cup on a 100% whole wheat bun. I am full after just one!

- Spaghetti squash and tomato sauce, topped with lots of garden fresh parsley and olives

Mmmm sloppy joes sound amazing!!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I made a pretty awesome pizza in which I promptly pigged down half of it for appox. 730 calories. It had a homemade crust, pastrami, provolone, store bought pizza sauce, peppers and onions.

I make Boboli pizzas so I can add spinach, mushrooms tomatoes.... and control the cheese... or sometimes I make margarita pizza... its about 600-650 cals fora personal pizza ... but soooo worth it! lol
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I live on grilled or baked asparagus plus either steak (fried with a tablespoon of butter) or blue menu chicken fingers. Absolutely delicious.

What is Blue Menu chicken fingers?
  • JAXJACQUELINE
    Options
    WHAT IS BLUE MENU CHICKEN FINGERS?
  • namdle
    namdle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers with laughing cow garlic and herb wedges. best healthy meal I discovered. -

that and my gumbo with turkey/shrimp/chicken breast.

both stuff you for about ~500 calories
  • acc19
    acc19 Posts: 1
    Options
    Super filling stir fry! A little brown rice (I cook it in chicken broth so it absorbs all the flavor but not as many of the calories). Then to go on top of the rice you stir fry veggies and some lean meat. I like to do chicken, sometimes I do a little shrimp. My go to veggies are always broccoli, carrots, and red pepper. It's filling so you stay full longer, and it doesn't have all that many calories to begin with. Hope this helps!