Lesson learned: Where NOT to wear your Fitbit!

Today's FitBit lesson learned: DO NOT WEAR IT ON YOUR ARM EXCEPT WHEN SLEEPING. In a day in which I was sacked out for 5.5 hours and driving in a car to the other side of town and back for two, this is how my stats (incorrectly) read:

3963* steps taken today - 40% of goal of 10,000
22 floors climbed today - 220% of goal of 10 - You have climbed: The Wicked Twister
1.68 miles traveled today - 34% of goal of 5.00
2418 calories burned - 101% of goal of 2,394

*It thinks that while I was getting us lost on the way through downtown, I was taking up to 174 steps per minute! (That would be really neat trick, wouldn't it?) Clearly all those steering motions really burn the calories. Now to figure out if there's a way to tell the Fitbit system to disregard...

P.S. I do know how to tell MFP to ignore it, and I already have. :)

Replies

• rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    hmmmmmmmmmmm.... where are you wearing yours? I never had any problems w/mine, in my pocket, while driving.
  • sometimes the things we use are so silly. But if all of that had happened it would be one hell of a burn.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks for the tip!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    also don't wear it in your wrist while getting dressed. I had mine, go flying off the wristband into the bathtub, and down the drain. luckily it only took a metal hanger to fish it out. lol
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    also don't wear it in your wrist while getting dressed. I had mine, go flying off the wristband into the bathtub, and down the drain. luckily it only took a metal hanger to fish it out. lol

This sounds almost as talented as when my daughter dropped my phone into a small glass of orange juice as she was setting both on the table.