I JUST HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE...I AM DOING IT

Options

Replies

• RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love your story! Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you all...some of those days in the beginning reading posts on here and prayer was the only thing that kept me going. I am learning so much about myself and changing things in my life and my kids lives. I have three kids that would rather eat food we cook at home than going to McDonalds. One of my sons would not eat a vegetable other than a carrot for nothing and he drinks my green shakes(one with avocado and one with spinach leaf and banana), he is eating green beans, peas, pork chop, baked chicken...all he used to want was corn dogs, chips, mac&cheese,potato. I am so proud to see that they are liking much healthier food and drinking WAY more water because we don't buy soda anymore.
    Angel
  • caswell806
    caswell806 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great job on your success so far. You are an inspiration to us all. Thank you and Keep it up!
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    I love your post! Thank you SO SO SO much for sharing! I am proud of you <3
  • MomMel65
    MomMel65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's just awesome!! It truly is a great feeling to look back at your accomplishments and see how far you've come along! And you are so right, it is not a diet. Diets fail. It's a new life!! You sound so much like me, it was like reading my own story, I felt your pain and I share in your joy!! You keep it up, stick with the right attitude, do it for you, keep giving the glory to God for it is absolutely through His strength that you are made strong. I've dropped 47 lb. since joining MFP last fall, and I noticed the other day that I can now take the stairs in my house like normal, not like a toddler learning how to do stairs, and did it ever feel good to stop and think "WOW, a couple months ago I couldn't do that!" - and here I am doing it without even thinking about it! Don't ever forget where you came from, but stay focused on where you are going :flowerforyou:
  • 3ofmine
    Options
    That's just awesome!! It truly is a great feeling to look back at your accomplishments and see how far you've come along! And you are so right, it is not a diet. Diets fail. It's a new life!! You sound so much like me, it was like reading my own story, I felt your pain and I share in your joy!! You keep it up, stick with the right attitude, do it for you, keep giving the glory to God for it is absolutely through His strength that you are made strong. I've dropped 47 lb. since joining MFP last fall, and I noticed the other day that I can now take the stairs in my house like normal, not like a toddler learning how to do stairs, and did it ever feel good to stop and think "WOW, a couple months ago I couldn't do that!" - and here I am doing it without even thinking about it! Don't ever forget where you came from, but stay focused on where you are going :flowerforyou:

You sound like me the day I walked through Walmart without having to push a cart! My kids kept saying Don't we need a cart, Mommy?" "Is your back ok, Mommy?" when I got to my van I started bawling and quite loudly saying "Thank you Jesus! Thank you God." I sure the lady parked beside me thought what the what??? Lol--I don't care though!
    Angel
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! You are physically making tons of changes. It love reading about people who are moving and really make incredible changes like this. It's for your health. It's for your family. It's for you. It's evident that you are growing stronger and your endurance is growing. That alone, is worth every bit of it. Keep this story for any time you feel less motivated or stuck in a rut and remind yourself you have made amazing strides and yes, in a fairly short period of time!

A-MAZING!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As long as you are true to your beliefs, you should never feel like you are offending somebody to give glory to the One Who gave you strength. Those who don't believe are unapologetic as to their position... no need to be apologetic to yours.. That being said, this is an outstanding NSV... A true transformation far better than any number on any scale. This is the type of transformation that causes us to keep going when the going gets tough and those numbers don't fall the way we want... You can do things with your kids you did not do before, you are no longer ashamed. Keep it going and I for one am not offended if you want to give God the praise for giving you the strength to keep going... Get your strength from wherever you can!
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and with that, you will surely succeed! This is what MFP is all about, making choices, making change and feeling good!

Keep up the good work, you should be proud of yourself!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hallelujah!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. Keep up all your good work this summer and when school starts you will be a new woman inside and out. You are such an inspiration. I love the beach and waterparks. I just like to travel. Last year I decided not to go to Schilterbahn because of my weight. My son said Mom think about it that defeats the purpose of you wanting to lose weight, if you do not go and walk all of those hills carrying your tube than what are you going to do today on vacation. Consider it excercise and as long as your family loves you what do you care about what society thinks. I had so much fun that day. I really missed waterparks. Congrats to you.
  • 3ofmine
    Options
    I am so proud of you. Keep up all your good work this summer and when school starts you will be a new woman inside and out. You are such an inspiration. I love the beach and waterparks. I just like to travel. Last year I decided not to go to Schilterbahn because of my weight. My son said Mom think about it that defeats the purpose of you wanting to lose weight, if you do not go and walk all of those hills carrying your tube than what are you going to do today on vacation. Consider it excercise and as long as your family loves you what do you care about what society thinks. I had so much fun that day. I really missed waterparks. Congrats to you.

I also love amusement parks/water parks. I have wanted to take my kids to Splash Adventure this summer but I know I can't get on any of it because of my weight. We're still going to go and hopefully next summer we can all go to Six Flags I went the summer I was 6yrs old and because of my weight and not being able to fit on the rides or walk around we haven't gone. Next summer we'll be there as soon as we can! I can't wait to ride the rides with my kids :)
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you, and you're making incredible leaps and bounds in what you can do.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A-MAZING! Well done xxxx
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    RRAAAWWWRRR!!! Git'in 'r' done!!! You go gurl :flowerforyou:
  • sqwerly
    sqwerly Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    I am happy for what you have accomplished and reading that helps motivate me to keep going!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    BUMP I have to leave but want to comment. Be back later.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    An amazing success and keep on it. You don't have to apologize because of your beliefs. Embrace them and use them as you have to help yourself.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring! I hope others are blessed by it because I know I have been.