night shift and low carb!??!

Options
Im currently LC, thats my thing and im sticking to it... so dont try to change me! I'm just interested in finding some like minded low carbers who also work night shift! Interested in seeing how you work your diet with such a tricky shift.

Replies

• Reignofmongo
    Reignofmongo Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm a low carber generally... How does that effect your work shift if you don't mind me asking? I imagine a turkey burger or protein shake would suffice no matter what the time.
  • Ash6772
    Ash6772 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im just curious to see what order people eat in. some noc shift people may get up in the afternoon and go for breakfast, while others wait a few hours then eat dinner w the family. or at work...sometimes eating a "meal" in the middle of the night just seems strange.
  • Reignofmongo
    Reignofmongo Posts: 137
    Options
    Ah, can't really relate there... lol, sorry.
  • Ash6772
    Ash6772 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump :D
  • jwilllose
    jwilllose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My dh is a cop/7 did midnights for years. He ate cereal when he woke at 4 pm- dinner about 10 pm- and another meal about 4am. I do IE so I have no advice on the LC thing-eat when you're body tells you you are hungry- forget the clock. I know he did- and I do-and we're both at healthy weights (I have lost 38 lbs so only now am I at a healthy weight)
  • jwilllose
    jwilllose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sorry for the typos-- giving my dd a bottle :)