Back at it again

Options
thisisjl
thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
Hello everyone!

Thought I would drop by and introduce myself.

This isn't my first trip down weight loss alley; however I've been very successful recently at keeping off what I've lost. I've always yo-yo'd in my weight loss since having kids in 2000 and 2002, but back in 2009 I lost 45 pounds and until the past 4 months I'd maintained this weight loss. Unfortunately I've gained 13 back and now I'm starting back on my journey again. The first 45 was only part of my journey. I have currently about 70 pounds total that I want to take off which includes those nasty 13 pounds that snuck up on me this year. In 2009 I followed Weight Watchers and obviously I was successful at it however this time I'm just trying to eat sensibly make good food choices and I'm following the guidelines my personal trainer at the YMCA is giving me. If it doesn't work out I'll go back to WW but it's such a pain trying to calculate points and what not, it's much easier just to log and be accountable for what I'm eating. If I see what I'm eating on paper (or the computer screen) I'm more prone to saying no to the bad stuff because I feel guiltier, it harder to ignore it if you know what I mean.

I hope that I'm able to find lots of support on here as I continue on my journey to a healthier me!

Replies

• denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
    I tend to like MFP more than Weight Watchers for a lot of reasons, but mostly because if you follow your plan, its not really a diet as much as a retraining to make better choices. Most of the people that I have known that have used weight watchers have gained back a good portion or all of what they lost, which is sort of an expensive lesson.
    If you incorporate exercise into your plan, it really starts to get easier, and the Y is a great place to start with a trainer!
    Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you're looking for MFP support!
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I think most "diets" are like that you take it off start to eat "normal" again and you gain it back. I feel like I have a handle on what it takes to keep it off after taking off the first weight and keeping it off for 2 1/2 years heck I even managed to not gain when I went through a divorce in 2010! I count that as success! Not sure what happened this past few months other than a very stressful time with my 11 year old daughter. I'm a firm believer in moderation and not dieting but learning to make healthier choices and not depriving yourself of anything because that's just a set up for disaster IMO even when I was doing WW I was doing it a modified version of it that worked for me.