Suppressing hunger...

Options
2»

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Can you add more snacks in between meals, or add more protein to your menu?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    fat and protein in the morning keep me full.
    today i had 2 eggs in coconut oil, and i'll have some sausage as a snack.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    OPs hunger response in a nutshell...

800cals "Hmmm...not enough food today lets burn a lil fat..."
    800cals "Hmmm...same thing as yesterday...fat for fuel..."
    900cals "WTF? Hormonal switch on...store fat for later lets burn some lean mass..."
    800cals "Still no food...burn lean mass..."
    800cals "Okay this is getting silly...Hey Metabolism! I'm cutting your hours today! Not enough business!"
    1400cals "thats more like it! I like this food yay! Metabolism! Need your help here bud!"
    1300cals "Wait...wtf? I like food what are you doing??? Maybe shes going to cut food again? Hope not!"
    Today "grumblegrumblegrumble...I want 1400cals or more..."
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Also, try adding more protein.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    please eat more. come as close to that goal number as possible. don't be afraid to go over it by 100 calories or so.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat more. You're 18 for christs sake. You're in the final stages of growth and your body will suffer later if you deprive it now.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

900cals "WTF? Hormonal switch on...store fat for later lets burn some lean mass..."
    800cals "Okay this is getting silly...Hey Metabolism! I'm cutting your hours today! Not enough business!"
    1400cals "thats more like it! I like this food yay! Metabolism! Need your help here bud!"
    1300cals "Wait...wtf? I like food what are you doing??? Maybe shes going to cut food again? Hope not!"

LMAO!!! So true though!! The OP needs to eat that is one thing we can ALL agree on!!!! You CAN starve yourself fat....I did!!!

OP: Get Dan's help with this - He is offering and he has helped tons of people on here lose weight the healthy way and you won't have to supress your hunger!!! Best of luck to you!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Quick look at your diary tells me if you made better food choices you wouldn't be so hungry. Opt for more filling choices, especially high fiber ones.

Also, going over by less than 100 doesn't even matter. The goal is to meet your calories, not be under.

And, you are only 18. Really you should be eating more anyways.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the responses on here that may be rude. I hope this doesn't turn you off of this site.

As others have said, you really should eat more cals, hon. You should be eating at your BMR or above.

Try using this calc:
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

It will tell you how many calories you should be eating per day. :)

Please add me or message if you need more help.

Best of luck to you!
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    for starters: eat more.
    mfp is about learning to balance your diet/exercise routine, not developing eating disorders.
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options

LMAO!!! So true though!! The OP needs to eat that is one thing we can ALL agree on!!!! You CAN starve yourself fat....I did!!!

OP: Get Dan's help with this - He is offering and he has helped tons of people on here lose weight the healthy way and you won't have to supress your hunger!!! Best of luck to you!!

^^This!^ Double thumb's up for helloitsdan great advice and sense of humor!