Constructive Criticism

Options
i have my diary open to my friends so that they will look at it and comment just as if they were here at the table and to help me to STOP OVER EATING and eating the wrong stuff.

if i had more people telling me daily to stop doing bad habits, maybe i would stop.
I need people to judge my diary, that is why i have it to open and that is why i have friends on here.

I dont think they are being 'nasty judgmental' but they are giving Constructive Criticism. Like having a food coach with you.

I am not losing weight, and I need friends on here that will give me Constructive Criticism...........
...any one? friend me if you need Constructive Criticism, and want to give Constructive Criticism.
thanks.

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    well...since you asked...I would suggest that you take some responsibility for what you put in your mouth and not rely so heavily on people who arent with you 24 hours a day. getting into the mentality that you cant do this without a bunch of internet friends is kind of silly when you think about it.

you can do this for yourself and by yourelf if you really want to. sure...its nice to have cheerleaders and support and all that, but at the end of the day, you and you alone are responsible for what you do. good luck.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It is better to see your diary as accountability to yourself, I keep mine open as I have nothing to hide, good days bad days anyone can see them. But I account to myself for everything that goes in them, I haven't had anyone criticise them. You need to decide whether or not you want to be healthy or keep making excuses for yourself to not be.
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It is better to see your diary as accountability to yourself, I keep mine open as I have nothing to hide, good days bad days anyone can see them. But I account to myself for everything that goes in them, I haven't had anyone criticise them. You need to decide whether or not you want to be healthy or keep making excuses for yourself to not be.

Today I nearly deleted the choc top I ate at the movies, because I was embarassed to admit to it. But then I realised that I'm only cheating myself. So I put it in, and that will help me make a different choice next time - I can have the choc top if I am eating low-cal for my other meals, or am going to do some exercise to counter-balance it.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My best friend is my food diary. I'm not shy of putting everything I eat there even when I eat a pound of ice cream or go low on calories because of being too picky about eating outside. I've been on MFP on and off for over a year now and even though I'm far from my goal of living healthy (procrastinating at its finest, I'll sure start jogging tomorrow and quit smoking, yeah right), I'm far more aware about what I eat and it matters a lot to me.

I'm extremely thick skinned when it comes to criticism so shoot them my way ;)