goodbye for now :(

Options
Here's my story...
Last year, I lost 14 pounds & got down to 138 by following Weight Watchers. Needless to say, this was 3 pounds away from my goal of 135. I couldn't seem to lose those last 3 pounds!!! I had several folks tell me that I wasn't eating enough...so I tried counting calories on myfitnesspal. I'm unhappy to report that rather then losing my last 3 pounds, I managed to gain 8 pounds. This made me very unhappy. I even followed everything as I should...sometimes clocking in 100-200 calories less then my daily goal (plus exercise of course).

So I'm saying goodbye and going back to Weight Watchers...at least for now...

Thanks to everyone that supported me up until this point :flowerforyou:

Replies

• erkuhns79
    Options
    Here's my story...
    Last year, I lost 14 pounds & got down to 138 by following Weight Watchers. Needless to say, this was 3 pounds away from my goal of 135. I couldn't seem to lose those last 3 pounds!!! I had several folks tell me that I wasn't eating enough...so I tried counting calories on myfitnesspal. I'm unhappy to report that rather then losing my last 3 pounds, I managed to gain 8 pounds. This made me very unhappy. I even followed everything as I should...sometimes clocking in 100-200 calories less then my daily goal (plus exercise of course).

So I'm saying goodbye and going back to Weight Watchers...at least for now...

Thanks to everyone that supported me up until this point :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this site didn't help your weight loss.
    Best of luck on your journey.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ladydianab
    Options
    Why not do both?! I still talk to people on WW but I keep my records here. Are you going to the meetings or doing online. I "talked" to several who were doing online and then while losing the last few pounds went to the meetings to achieve lifetime. Nothing wrong with that. IMO it is about the weight loss and health acheivement that matters and whatever helps get us there. Good luck and don't be a stranger. Di
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Why not do both?! I still talk to people on WW but I keep my records here. Are you going to the meetings or doing online. I "talked" to several who were doing online and then while losing the last few pounds went to the meetings to achieve lifetime. Nothing wrong with that. IMO it is about the weight loss and health acheivement that matters and whatever helps get us there. Good luck and don't be a stranger. Di

This is my plan. I was a member of WW years ago and missed out on lifetime because of a serious car wreck and some of the political and financial issues that came about afterwards.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    My wife did this plan for quite some time so I'm pretty familiar with it (she taught me, kicking and screaming the whole way:tongue: ). They don't need to be mutually exclusive. My only advice for you is this: If you're following the goals set out on the site, but stil gaining weight, something is off. Maybe it's the type of food you are eating, or maybe it's something else. I would suggest taking a record of your food and exercises to a nutritionist and asking them about it. They may be able to find where the issue is and correct it. I know that WW and this site have the same general principles, and besides converting things to points, there isn't a giant difference in the philosophy, there are nuances, like fiber intake, but truthfully, I think the both follow similar tracks.
    You gotta do what works for you, and if that's WW then so be it; but I'm not sure it's the method here, so much as just needing to tweak the execution in a lot of cases.

Anyhoo, good luck how ever you manage it, we'll be here if you ever want back in!
  • erkuhns79
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's advice...
    I thought about doing both...like using MFP for the community (always fun to read what others have to say :) But still doing my food tracking the WW way. I'm actually ended up eating more on MFP then I do with WW...that may work for some, but maybe not me?? :tongue:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah - we don't want to lose you!! I don't track my calories on here - I have a paper journal that I put too much effort into before I found this place and don't want to re-enter a lot of what I found. But the community support is invaluable and the exercise log is a really helpful tool! I do use the food tracker sometimes to check and make sure I'm using correct values. We have to find the tools that work for us and use them. Hope to see you around!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Stop in and say Hey. I understood each person worked their personal plan and came here for support. I expect there are several people here on WW. I am low carb plus calories. which is somewhat harder than I expected and have found the support, stories, input and information to be incredible. If you do go, please come back when you can. Best journey. RJ
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    As I'm learning, there is more to loosing weight than counting cal's. I don't meant that in a bad way. Please don't take it as such. I'm an emotional basket case today. You sound A LOT like me. When I met with the nutritionist at the Bariatric Clinic at the hospital I work for, she told me so much that the information was all over the place. I couldn't make a whole lot of sense out of it. So I told her that I needed more structure to guide me into better eating. The clinic, with the psychologist and MD devised a 1450 cal count diet for me based on my inactivity. I can eat 350 cal's per meal (3 times a day) with 100 cal snacks between. So far it's working....as best as I can....Weight Watchers works the same way....with points. It sounds like you need structure as I do. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what works best for you.

Good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to this site but I'm sorry to see you leave. Good luck to you and please keep us informed on how you're doing.

God bless you.