Not shifting any weight! Grr!

Options
I've been on MFP for about a month now I think. I'm 5ft 5in, and 133lbs, uk size 10, sometimes 12 on bottom due to hips .

There are some foods in my diet which aren't great e.g. my new found love of peanut butter and jam on toast, but I don't go over my 1200 calorie limit by much, and always remain under 1600 calories.
I also do some sit ups with a medicine ball, resistance bands, weighted squats and lunges daily at home that I don't log because it's quite fiddly to do the break down of sets and reps and I'm too busy.

I do have a hectic career and feel like im doing the best I can with the time I have, obviously I could step things up and be stricter but with the effort I've put in I expected to see some results by now. But no luck so far.

Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    5'5" should be netting about 1600-1800 daily.
    IMO you should edit MFP to reflect 1600 instead of 1200 and eat that for a month.
    You should see movement then.
    Dont log any workouts or if you do, dont eat back any cals since it would already be added in.
  • snivvy
    snivvy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, I'll give it a go.

I was under the impression that cos I don't have a high starting weight it'd be harder to lose the lbs so I'd have to have quite a low calorie intake. False logic maybe.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    What are your stats?

Height
    Weight
    Body Fat%
    Options
    Height: 5ft 5in
    Weight: 133 lbs

My stomach is flat but just a light layer of fat covering the muscle. Edit- just found a calculator, 27% body fat.

I've just calculated my BMR at 1430 calories so I've upped my calorie target to 1600 as you suggested.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Height: 5ft 5in
    Weight: 133 lbs

My stomach is flat but just a light layer of fat covering the muscle. Edit- just found a calculator, 27% body fat.

I've just calculated my BMR at 1430 calories so I've upped my calorie target to 1600 as you suggested.

You are nearly at goal weight for your height.
    Understand that this will take time.

Try to avoid heavy steady state cardio and instead look into weights.
    www.stronglifts.com comes to mind.
    Lift heavy and hard then take a 20min walk to mobilize the fat.
    PM if you need heal and feel free to add me if you want.
  • snivvy
    Options
    Thanks for being so helpful!

I've got my gym induction to be able to use the weight machines at my gym this week so it is definitely a route I want to go down.

I've had several PM's from people concerned that I'm fine as I am and don't need to lose weight or fat, so thanks to you for understanding that even 'slim' people have personal fitness goals.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Thanks for being so helpful!

I've got my gym induction to be able to use the weight machines at my gym this week so it is definitely a route I want to go down.

I've had several PM's from people concerned that I'm fine as I am and don't need to lose weight or fat, so thanks to you for understanding that even 'slim' people have personal fitness goals.

forget the machines and head over to where the boys are lifting.
    Check out www.stronglifts.com and read the report.

Also check out www.fitocracy.com and start tracking your lifts and get involved with the women lifters groups and the stronglifts group.