Thoughts, ideas on supplements

Options
I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday and he had a show on 7 ways to help get your metabolism going. Here is the link on his site:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/7-day-miracle-plan-boost-your-metabolism

It made me wondered if anyone that has been successful with their weight loss has relied on any kind of supplement for fat burning or muscle building or energy?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Dont listen to Oz!
    He gets paid to sell their crap!

Take a multi vitamine and an Omega Complex.
    Drink whey to get protein if you have to!

The Omega Complex was one of the best suggestions I took and it really helps on several levels.

When you watch Oz just remember, he gets kickbacks from supplements he sells!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Dont listen to Oz!

The Omega Complex was one of the best suggestions I took and it really helps on several levels.

Dan,

can you suggest an Omega Complex and where I can find it? I currently take a multi vitamin. Thanks for the info.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Dont listen to Oz!

Dan,

can you suggest an Omega Complex and where I can find it? I currently take a multi vitamin. Thanks for the info.

MegaRed!
    It's a 1 a day.
    Any grocery store or Target.
  • LDM90
    LDM90 Posts: 24
    Options
    Green tea with acai berry and also just warm water with lemon
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I used to love Dr. Oz but not so much anymore!! I like hearing about some of the questions he answers but once he gets on the 'Supplement' part of the show I tune him out b/c we would all be skinny if it were as easy as taking certain things and yes, that is how he pays his salary I am sure from endorsements on selling certain things....So, long story short....Listen to Dan!! :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to whey protein and all milk proteins and I need it to help with muscle building, esp since genetically I come from a long line of weak muscles lol. Out of all the supplements I've tried, Shakeology has had the best effects on me. More energy, more stamina, immune system is much better (I'm a school bus driver and I was getting sick all the time), my IBS is markedly improved and 2 flavors of Shakeology have sprouted, fermented brown rice protein and pea protein rather than whey (the other 2 flavors have whey) or casein protein. Soy protein is an inferior form of protein and is not easily absorbed by the body and egg white protein powder is just NASTY! Other than that I only take a multivitamin b/c Shakeology takes care of the rest. Whole foods, all natural, no refined sugar or artificial sweeteners and contains many of the "super foods" we are hearing so much about. I can give you more info on it if you'd like...inbox me :)
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Fish oil is a must. I take L-Carnitine which is an amino acid-like-molecule that is said to increase the amount of fat burned by the body. I also take CLA which is a naturally occurring group of healthy fats that are specifically omega-6 fats. CLA is said to enhance fat loss while simultaneously boosting muscle growth and strength.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A:smokin: ll good information, thanks everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • flamax
    flamax Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to whey protein and all milk proteins and I need it to help with muscle building, esp since genetically I come from a long line of weak muscles lol. Out of all the supplements I've tried, Shakeology has had the best effects on me. More energy, more stamina, immune system is much better (I'm a school bus driver and I was getting sick all the time), my IBS is markedly improved and 2 flavors of Shakeology have sprouted, fermented brown rice protein and pea protein rather than whey (the other 2 flavors have whey) or casein protein. Soy protein is an inferior form of protein and is not easily absorbed by the body and egg white protein powder is just NASTY! Other than that I only take a multivitamin b/c Shakeology takes care of the rest. Whole foods, all natural, no refined sugar or artificial sweeteners and contains many of the "super foods" we are hearing so much about. I can give you more info on it if you'd like...inbox me :)