Replies

• Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! I start on Monday myself.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats! LOVE this quote & hope it keeps you motivated!
    "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
    -John Bingham
    John Bingham is an American marathon runner and author, nicknamed "The Penguin", who has achieved widespread recognition for promoting the walking of long-distance race courses to the general public

I like this quote, I'm going to print it and put it up where I'll see it everyday. I'm starting my run on Monday.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Running is addictive! Good luck!
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    This is OSOM! :) Congrats!
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! Great milage time, too! you rocked it!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Trinab75
    Trinab75 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well done you!! I love running, started two years ago and never thought I'd say that then! I still to this day find the first mile the toughest but once you push past it, it seems to get a bit easier. Have fun.
    Trina x
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well done. (thanks for the reminder and I'm off for a run NOW!!!)
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    Thanks everybody...I didn't know if it was a good time or not. I wanted to make it a 1.5 miles but again those hills got me lol. But I did run it easier then I thought I would...thanks for the encouragement :D
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    Running is hard! Good job! You should be so proud of yourself (as you clearly are) :tongue: Keep up the good work!
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and defintely good job. I started running about 8 weeks ago, but maybe 4 weeks have been running straight and it was rough but it gets easier and you will be doing those is in no time.
  • classic_1
    Options
    Thanks...I will continue to push. :D It's funny because I'm already thinking about 5K...I'll work my way up there.
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just done my run. I can only go at 5mph. That is a very fast time you are doing.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thanks...the thing that got me today was the hills...going up hill is not easy...and I'll look into that investment.

Great job! If you can do that time on hills, imagine what you can do flat! Keep it up!
  • classic_1
    Options
    Thanks...the thing that got me today was the hills...going up hill is not easy...and I'll look into that investment.

Great job! If you can do that time on hills, imagine what you can do flat! Keep it up!

Now that u mention that...ur right lol...yea, i had to go up two hills...1 small and another larger one...that last one tuckered me out plus it was near the end lol
  • classic_1
    Options
    Just done my run. I can only go at 5mph. That is a very fast time you are doing.

As long as you finish, that is the important thing.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Your first mile was a very very fast pace , I finished my first 5K at 5.2mph ..I wanted to make sure I didn't injure my legs and especially knees. And since then I've worked the speed up over 6mph for 5K
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! keep It Going!!