Hello from Idaho!

Options
mathews58
mathews58 Posts: 16 Member
Hi All, my name is Ann and I am trying to get rid of 20 extra lbs. It is the last 20 that I need to lose. Over the last 18 months I have lost a total of 57 lbs but recently put back on 14. Gaining those 14 lbs back feel like I put all my weight back on. I know that I still look great but inside I feel…not so good. I am battling the fear of failure which we all know is the biggest sabotage to our goals.

Anyway, My Fitness Pal looks like a great place to be right now and so far it looks like it has all the tools I need to reach my goal. I hope to meet some good support friends here and I hope to be a support and encourager to all those I meet.

Replies

• SInder2
    SInder2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey I LOVE Idaho! All my relatives live out there. I also need to loose about 25 pounds. I've been telling myself I would loose the "baby weight" for the last 13 years.... This time it will happen! I've lost in the past and then pack it right back on with my poor eating habits- my husband says I eat like I'm still 16! Love carbs, fried foods and chocolate...... oh chocolate.

I've been working out like a crazy person the past few week- but just pulled calf muscle and now can hardley walk. Had to listen to my husband say "I told you so" that I was over doing it. So I'm putting a positive spin on this because now it has to be all about the food- I can't exercise it off.

I've lost 2 pounds so far so just getting started. I would love to have a buddy to help hold me accountable and possible to tell me to slow down when I get all OCD with exercise, food whatever. :wink:
  • mathews58
    mathews58 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So nice to meet you! I moved to the Pacific Northwest 21 years ago and I love the wilderness. It helps keep me centered. I love the feeling of standing in the mist of God’s creation.

What part of Idaho do your relatives live?

I just started on here so I am still trying to feel my way around. I posted a profile picture and it looks great on my profile but I can see that the little thumbnail image is only showing my torso. I guess I better go fix that.
  • SInder2
    SInder2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have relatives all over - some in the Boise area, some in Troy (near Moscow) and a couple live in a little town called Weippe. Your doing better than me with a picture. I never take any so don't even know if I have anything to upload. I live in Colorado so also enjoy the mountains and being outdoors.

This will be fun. I'm glad I finally took the plunge and decided to start using the message boards.