PMS Binge Stories Please

Options
I was overcome today with an uncontrollable urge to eat everything in sight and I'm not to proud to admit that i did just that. I was doing so good but I'm due in a couple of days and I figure that's what got into me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this insanity and was hoping to hear your bingeing stories. Don't worry I'll get back on track tomorrow. Oh did I mention I work at Outback Steakhouse LOL OMG so bad a place to get the munchies:laugh:

Replies

• Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    OMG You can say that again. .. Outback is my favorite place to eat :love: :love: On the subject of PMS binges it's always sweets I crave and tons of them! My mom makes the chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies better than anyone I know and it seems like it never fails I will go ask her to make me a pan of them right before that time. Sometimes I won't even realize it's time and I will start wanting the no-bakes soooo bad and when I check my calendar sure enough my "visitor" will be here soon:laugh: Good luck & I know you will get back on track. . .thank goodness it's only once a month!!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I ate 5 Little Debbie Fudge Rounds yesterday and didn't do any exercise to offset it. Totally PMS-ing!!! :noway: :frown: :noway:
  • alipetrey
    Options
    Yes, I know that I do eat more... I just try to eat stuff that's healthy so I don't feel guilt... veggies, healthy oils, some complex carbohydrates... lots of water... helps a lot.

I know I want to eat more because my body naturally wants more. I say give it more- just don't go overboard or eat something totally unhealthy...

Your uterus will thank you I'm sure :drinker:
  • boylann
    boylann Posts: 1
    Options
    "Your uterus will thank you I'm sure"

I once got a thank you card and a box of chocolates from mine. It was weird.

ha ha ha

Anyways....

Hey, I'm new around here. Just started up my new diet a few days ago, was doing really well. I could not for the life of me figure out what the deal was today. Didn't feel like exercising. I ate about 1,000 of my roommate's chocolate chip cookies... which weren't even that good.. They were actually kind of gross. She's a terrible baker. Love her. But ugh, gross cookies. BUT I ATE THEM ANYWAYS!!!

I just saw this post and a light bulb went off. DING! I know what my problem is. ha ha ha! I know what made me eat the terriffyingly bad cookies... huff. I love you, PMS. The things I do for you.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

I once got a thank you card and a box of chocolates from mine. It was weird.

ha ha ha
    Mine never sends me anything...:tongue:
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Thanks guys! I knew i wasn't alone, great stories thanks for sharing:laugh:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Monday. I ordered breadsticks from the pizza place and ate all 8 of them. To the tune of 1200 calories. :noway:

I've 'given up' white flour too - oh well.

Heh, Just back on the program right after is all. It's going to happen. One flub isn't going to derail me, I just keep going. I know that it will happen from time to time in my life - but that's okay.

So just keep moving forward, and chalk it up to being human - and female in this case. Gosh, I'm nearly 50 I want this to end. :wink:
  • erinrose07
    erinrose07 Posts: 140
    Options
    Here's a true PMS binge: last night AFTER dinner I had 2 almond butter & jam sandwiches, 2 waffles, 2 bowls of chips, 5 squares of dairy free dark chocolate, 2 breakfast bars and a cup of heated almond milk. All of it was gluten and dairy free....as if that matters.

This was really sudden and there was no thinking or self control involved. Unfortunately, my PMS begins a full 7 days before my period and I never see it coming :(
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My body gets confused between sweet and salty. I over eat the one and it doesn't satisfy my craving until I figure it out and switch to the other trouble food and by that time Ive over indulged.

This past week I ate ALL 6 slices of challah bread french toast at a restaurant, but I felt less guilty because I lightly dipped it in the syrup. Once I came home and charted it here I almost threw it all up haha....... then I had lasagna twice during the week, my body seems to crave all the foods I deny or drastically cut back on during the month. Im not a chocolate person but my big weakness is cookies, and yes I dipped into the cookie jar too.
  • iluvmycats
    iluvmycats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel like godzilla ripping thru the city looking for food my cravings and emotions get so bad! Im going thru this now and what makes me mad is i feel like it derails my progress. I do my best not to go overboard but I also know there are times when someone might lose an eye if i dont get something my body is screaming for! I had asked one of my weight watcher leaders her opinion and she suggested a nice healthy dose of carrots and hummus..bc afterall who doesnt crave that during PMS?!

If I eat something salty, not long after I need sweet and vice versa.

Last night I plowed thru tortillas and salsa like nothing and today i have eaten all my fruit I brought to work and then went for the crackers!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    An entire box of GS cookies. A box of Little Debbie brownies. At least half a large package of Oreos. A pint of Blue Bell Rocky Road ice cream with a huge slice of chocolate birthday cake.
  • aheartbeatsos
    Options
    I snarfed an entire box of Double Stuff'd Oreos, a full size tin of Pringles and four ice cream sandwiches Monday.
    Oh boy did I feel guilty about that.
    However, now that the junk food is gone (happily resting in my tubby..I mean tummy!) I am determined to get back on track :)
    Oddly enough now that I have satisfied the beast within I am not craving anything. :)
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    When I PMS, I need chocolate. Sugar free jello just doesn't cut it then. I made it through my most recent PMS event by convincing myself that the sugar free chocolate syrup really did taste as good as the regular, and that the frozen cool whip lite was blue bell homemade vanilla. Every day for six days straight. I hate lying to my inner self...because she KNOWS I'm lying! LOL!

The best part of the cool whip lite and sugar free syrup "trick" are that they have a combined 110 calories instead of at least triple that.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    A few months ago, I had an intense craving for a Five Guys burger and fries. I had been so good with what I ate and had stayed away from fries for several weeks. But I INHALED a bacon cheeseburger and nearly an entire order of cajun fries.

And I CRASHED 30 minutes later -- fell asleep on the sofa by 8:30. Ugh, I felt so awful and I haven't done that since for that reason, but man, oh, man, it tasted SOOO GOOOOD!
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    There were these Girl Scout Cookies... Now there are none.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Like most of the posts I have read, I always crave something salty followed by something sweet... or vice versa. Usually french fries or chips.... then cupcakes or cookies. Sometimes just a big hamburger combo meal satisfies, but blows the hell out of the daily calroies. It happens to the best of us.
  • Cathebass
    Cathebass Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and cheese, chocolate and cheese, cheese and chocolate, chocolate and cheese... a lite hot chocolate drink and a spoonful of cottage cheese doesn't really do it for me when I am PMS-stricken. But entering everything in MFP is helping me to curb some of the excesses. This time of the month, though, I reckon it is a major achievement to maintain my current weight and not fret too much about the scales not going down.
  • jwilson2001
    jwilson2001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Totally me the last two days! Mine, like everyone else, that darn chocolate! And, I do our Walmart/Target shopping on my lunch hour so that I don't have as much time to wander around store buying things we don't need. Who decided it was a good place to put the Cadbury eggs at the register?!?!?! I even changed my diary to be friends only with the hopes that I wouldn't pig out. No luck!! I just didn't enter a few of the chocolates I had :embarassed: Today, I am back on the wagon! I promise! Until next month!:ohwell:
  • imtriagain
    imtriagain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had a shocking 3 days last week which turned out to be about 5 days before I was due. The scales that week (prior to my binging days) were also up, despite me having a good net surplus of cals for the week. I actually went to bed to bed one night in so much pain in my stomach from eating so much. I just could not stop eating.

I weighed in this week and I was down 700g from the week prior! Even though I'd ended up in negative cals for the week after 3 poor days.

Each month I say I will stay in control but I usually end up with 1-2 days where I am out of control. Trouble is I can never predict how long before , or sometimes during, that will be.

Glad to hear I'm not alone.
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning feeling guilty about my PMS binge last night and I saw this thread and feel better knowing I'm not alone. :) have a great day, everyone!