30 Day Shred - What do people think?

Options

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love it but have done it quite a bit in the past so I just completed (today!) Ripped in 30 and liked this one even more.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have never gotten through 30 days of it, but I like it.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Lol about your friend eating standing up;) I did day 1 on a Sat and Sun in church, I had trouble sitting still! I was so sore and couldn't get comfy ;).

It does get way better but now I just finished level 1 and I'm sure I'll be sore again when I start level 2
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it! I'm on L2D7. I have only lost 1 pound so far, but I'm seeing more definition in my arms, shoulders, waist, lower hips/butt, and thighs. I'm able to fasten both my belt and my bra on a smaller hook. Something's happening! :smile:
  • LillithBlack
    Options
    I have done the 30DS while it was challenging it wasn't nearly hard enough and only lost about 3lbs while doing it. My only other issue with it is that I wish she would quit talking during the work outs and actually work out.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!! I lost 16 lbs on it a year ago. I would like to do it again.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30DS while it was challenging it wasn't nearly hard enough and only lost about 3lbs while doing it. My only other issue with it is that I wish she would quit talking during the work outs and actually work out.

Were you eating back your exercise calories? Please also remember the scale isn't the end all here. Take measurements! My weight has gone up a little but my measurements are still going down!
  • kathleenp518
    kathleenp518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love it. I finished level 1 yesterday and have already lost 5 lbs. It's hard but you definitely get stronger as you go. Good luck!
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I finished the shred last Thursday. I have before/after photo's on my profile. I didn't lose weight (well not in the first 20 days, since then I have decided to stop weighing myself for the time being). I lost many inches around my waist and stomach and thighs. My arms increased a little - but that was a good thing as I now have muscles in my arms.

I think it is worth the effort. I have moved onto Ripped in 30 now.
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Update: I've started the 30 day shred today - you guys were right, it's really intense! I'm a couch potato as well, but I feel really good and proud that I've done it!

Thanks for the advice guys! :D
  • lilybear84
    lilybear84 Posts: 57
    Options
    I did it for 2.5 weeks got bored with it..
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ate 1,450 calories a day (I'm 5'5''), and didn't lose a single pound after the 30 days. Then I followed it with Ripped. Didn't lose a single pound in that month, either.

However, I lost six inches off my waist alone. After Ripped, the weight started coming off.

And I could do 10 pushups by the time I finished. I couldn't do a single one for most of my life.

It was totally worth it, and I most likely will cycle through them again sometime in the near future.
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm starting in July. Well.. I actually started this morning but could only get through 1 circuit. I'm going to keep at it until I can finish the whole 20 minutes and start my 30 days from there. There is a 30 day Shred group for July too.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted this. I ordered 30 day and as soon as it comes in i will be starting! It's good to know what others thought of it! Good luck! :)
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I love it. but i find after a few times Jillian is staring to get super annoying.

I know what you mean :laugh: which is why I now have the radio on and Jillian muted!!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Today I plan on finishing level 1. I've probably only lost about 2-3 pounds since starting but I can tell I've lost inches. Like a dummy, I didn't take starting measurements and now really wish I had. I guess I can take measurements starting at level 2. I already feel stronger and a little more toned. For example, day 1 I couldn't even get through the regular crunches, now I can do as many as she says and still feel like I could do more. I try to remember that when initially beginning any strength or weight training, people tend to either gain a little or not see the scale move. That has a lot to do with your muscles. I try to drink 10-12 glasses of water a day to counteract that.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I don't like to work out. At all.

So I love the 30DS. Why?

1. It takes only 20 minutes. Since I usually start thinking "I want to stop right now" at the 15 minute mark of any exercise, knowing that I only have 5 minutes left of 30DS means I stick it out. Additionally, I can get it done before going to work because it is so fast.

2. There are no surprises -- by this I mean, everything in Level 1 should be familiar and do-able. No crazy combinations, no unfamiliar equipment needed. Sure it kicked my butt the first four times I did it, but by Day 5 I was able to keep up.

3. You can customize it to fit you. You can follow Anita(beginner) and work your way up to Natalie ('bad-*kitten*').

4. You can set your own pace . You can stay at the level for as long as you want -- it doesn't have to be 10 days. It could be 4. Or it could be 14. (I did Level 2 for 17 days because I was intimidated by Level 3 and didn't feel ready. But I got there and it wasn't that bad, because I was extra-prepared). And while many do it in 30 consecutive days, I took recovery days, so for me the 30DS took me 42 days to complete.

5. It's a gateway product. Before I started I was completely out of shape and could barely do Level 1. Now I am in much better condition and have moved on to doing harder workouts. What's even better is I believe / know I can do more. So now C25K and P90X seem within my grasp.

6. Bottom line: It works. Take measurements, or take pictures before you start (you'll be glad you did) . Then do the program. You'll see the results. And all for just 20 minutes a day.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love it but you most likely won't lose the 20lbs it says unless you follow Jillian's diet plan that goes along with it. But! When I was doing it I lost tons of inches:)
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I read on a forum topic on here before that Jillian actually recommends to do 2 days of 30DS and 1 day cardio then 2days of 30DS and a day of cardio then a rest day. She said that it was just the production company that wanted to call it 30 Day Shred and that she wouldnt recommend doing it 30 days non stop cause your body needs a day to rest in order to repair itself.

Tbh i did the whole 30DS without a day off. I did 10 days of each level. Although i looked a lot slimmer cause people were commenting, i only lost about 2lbs in the whole 30days so i do think there is muscle gain with this. Thing is though, my body didnt overly look like it had changed in those 30 days. Its only now, a few months later after just doing it 3-4 times a week and mixing it with cardio that i notice a difference, especially in my arms. In all honesty i used to look at photos and hate my arms, they'd always look fat and flabby, now im 90% happy with them which is a big improvement and i like my legs more now. So yeah, i defo recommend this althoug i do think it takes more than 30 days to see a real change,
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well...I didn't lose anything, BUT I could tell a major difference in my body. I'm only 114lbs...so it probably wasn't enough to make me drop weight...but I'm not nearly as flabby now!