Need Some Reassurance...or a swift kick in the..

Options
Went for a quick swim tonight with the boyfriend's family and we all went out for a late night meal because we were starving. I looked up the menu beforehand to try and keep within my calories, but when I got to the restaurant the salad his sister ordered sounded so good, I figured it couldn't be too far from what I was going to order.....1130 calories later I get home and find out how wrong I was. I'm now 841 calories over for the day!!! :sad: I feel so stupid for not realizing how bad that salad would be, and I just know my hard work this week is completely gone. Sooooo bummed :frown:

Replies

• Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start a new day tomorrow. Those salad's can be tricky critters for sure. I find it helps to drink some (couple of glasses) of water before eating. Helps to fill me up some. I almost hate to eat out. I just don' t want the calories and have all my work come to naught. You will do much better tomorrow. I promise
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Went for a quick swim tonight with the boyfriend's family and we all went out for a late night meal because we were starving. I looked up the menu beforehand to try and keep within my calories, but when I got to the restaurant the salad his sister ordered sounded so good, I figured it couldn't be too far from what I was going to order.....1130 calories later I get home and find out how wrong I was. I'm now 841 calories over for the day!!! :sad: I feel so stupid for not realizing how bad that salad would be, and I just know my hard work this week is completely gone. Sooooo bummed :frown:
    Dont let one day bum you out ..... look forward to tomorrow and get back on track ....YOU CAN DO THIS and we are behind you all the step of the way :smile: :wink:
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Your whole week's work wasn't a waste (whoa.....a whole whack of w's :laugh: )

Had you not been a "good girl" all week, then today would have been a real wallop! I, personally, have had the most success when I throw my body a curve ball by having a high calorie day once every couple of weeks. Within reason, of course...:wink:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my weekends!!! :drinker:
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    I agree with SDawgW. . .if I have been really strict with my diet & exercise and then I have something "bad" (so to speak) it seems like I actually do better! I did Weight Watchers a few years ago and my leader said a variance once in a while like that can trick your metabolism into high gear. Plus, you have to treat yourself once in a while or you'll start to feel deprived:smile: And you have to look at the fact you went for a swim beforehand. . .that had to work some of those calories off :flowerforyou: