Eating bad in your dream...

Options
cally69
cally69 Posts: 182 Member
Does anyone else sometimes have a dream where you are stuffing your face with food?
I had one last night, where I was eating all kinds of cakes even though I knew it would mess up my weeks work. From time to time I have these kinds of dreams and I feel awful during them.
I guess I'm thinking constantly about my new lifestyle and my brain is processing information while I sleep but it feels like my subconscious is trying to sabotage me.
I am soooo relieved when I wake up and find it was just a dream! More of a nightmare actually, lol.
Weird.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Ha! No, but when I quit smoking I had dreams that I had smoked and ruined everything. Where's Jung when we need him?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think we need anyone to interpret these dreams.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    I bet he would come up with some deep psychological, primal reason.

But you're right, ER. Pretty self-explanatory.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get these fairly often. I've even had mornings where I think, "Wow, you really need to watch it today with the food since you binged on junk yesterday", then I remember that it didn't actually happen, it was just a dream. hahaha!
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yep, I used to. I moved away from a place that had Chick fil A and that was my favorite, and my new town didn't have any. So I would have dreams about it a lot and felt really fat lol... Most of my food-dreams are about fast food...but I haven't had any of those dreams in a while! It's common to dream about things you want that you're trying to stay a away form. It'll pass
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's funny you posted this. I had a dream last night I was eating a giant maple donut and it tasted SO good! I woke up wondering if that would cure my craving or not. So far, so good! ;)
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    That's funny you posted this. I had a dream last night I was eating a giant maple donut and it tasted SO good! I woke up wondering if that would cure my craving or not. So far, so good! ;)
    Hmm, that's a craving cure I've never thought of. Just have it in your dreams... no calories!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I bet he would come up with some deep psychological, primal reason.

But you're right, ER. Pretty self-explanatory.
    Just don't let Freud at it...
  • ashlafer
    ashlafer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not to be overly TMI, but I've had several instances where images of chocolate chip cookies pop up in my mind during sex.

Obviously there are some unresolved sugar/chocolate issues here.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    When I'm PMSing, sometimes.

More times than not my dreams consist of heartbreak, stupid people pissing me off, fantastical creatures, lust, hate, etc..

My dreams tend to play out like a movie and I'm sure if I had them analyzed I would be told I'm nucking futs. I look forward to that day.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    It's not weird. Your mind might be processing your subconscious feelings about food or your change in habits. If you are able to guide your dreams, you can use them to work through any issues that might be presenting themselves this way. Then, when you wake up, you've had some practice handling temptations to break your good habits (or just avoiding that chocolate cake at the party later).
  • Lafjord
    Lafjord Posts: 2
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I was eating all sorts of candy, but the candy turned out to be low-calorie. I still felt guilty in the dream though! And how weird is it that this is the first thread that I saw when I logged on today....
  • Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid, but this was one of my big reasons why I didn't want to start losing weight again. The last time I lost weight, I had those dreams almost every night and I hate it. I didn't want to go through that again. Or maybe that was just a really lame excuse for me to continue with my bad eating.

I do have eating dreams frequently. Typically I am eating a large amount of cake and sweets. I think it just shows how much food is part of my life and how much I am thinking about food.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    When I joined Weight Watchers and the gym--which is when I started paying any attention at all to my health and food--I had lots of dreams about food and WW points. I don't anymore, but did for probably a few months.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Nope. I do have happy dreams about stepping on the scale to see I've lost weight. And they'll come true!!
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not any more. But when I was pregnant I used to dream about eating cake, cookies, and all that stuff, constantly!
  • ashleyelizabeth18
    Options
    oh my god, this happened to me a few days ago. in my dream, i ate like pretty much everything in my pantry. and when i first woke up, i wasn't sure if it was true or not. but then after a few seconds, i realized it was just a dream
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    LMBO!!!! I have these dreams at least once a week!!!!!! I thought I was crazy! lol! Just tells me every part of me realizes what I doing and is a reminder not to actually do it during the day lol I'm so relieved when I wake up and I didn't eat all that lol it seems so real that I wonder if I was eating in my sleep but luckily the food I eat in my dreams I don't have in the house lol :D
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    No, but I have had dreams where I am thinking about logging my food.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have those all the time.. I freak out so badly and then when I wake up I'm so relieved haha