What are some good things to have for lunch and dinner?

Options
I'm kind of new on this. I've dieted before but I've always looked for the quick way out. Now, I'm looking for healthy foods to eat so I can have an idea on what I can and can't eat. I've only ate a banana for breakfast today and I don't want to eat anything for lunch until I know what I can and can't have.

Please help me and every answer will be greatly appreciated. c:

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I just try to stick to whole natural foods and avoid processed foods as much as possible. Now that its summer Im doing a lot of stuff on the grill. Usually a bonelessskinless chicken breast, lean piece of steak or lean pork chop and two different veggies for lunch and supper
  • loandlette1307
    Options
    Last night I had grilled tilapia and Baked sweet potato fries and a small side salad. It was delicious! And very filling!!
  • fitnessisgreatness
    Options
    Thank you both so much. c:
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just try to stay away from anything deep fried or from a box. Fresh fruits, veggies (bagged salads or steamfresh veggies if you aren't sure how to cook them. Some kind of protein - chicken breast, white fish, tuna, salmon, lean beef. Get a George Forman grill - makes cooking any kind of meat easy. Fish cooks fine in the microwave. I don't eat grains, so someone else can help you there, but just walk around the outer edge of the grocery store - meats, dairy (cottage cheese, yogurt), fruits, veggies, and eat it. Pretty easy once you get started. Good luck!
  • loandlette1307
    Options
    Oh and also u should always try to have a healthy source of protein for breakfast. Try 2 eggs and half of a banana.

http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm

Above is a good website for what not to eat!

And below is a good website for what you should eat.

http://www.nowloss.com/Weight_Loss_foods.htm
  • fitnessisgreatness
    Options
    Thank you both! c: