Why do people on here..

Options
colpol1
colpol1 Posts: 59 Member
Have profile pictures of them in their underwear?

I have only been here a little while, but already noticed lots of pictures of people in tiny underwear? Also I have seen some close ups of just their boobs?

Why cant you upload one of yourself in underwear on threads but you can in your profile?
Does anyone else find it weird too?

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I think it's the easiest way for people to show their progress. My photo is me in a bikini which really isn't any different than underwear :P It's because I'm proud of the progress I've made and it's kind of my motivation to keep going.

As for the boob shots I don't really understand those either, I guess those people just like to show 'em off hahaha.

Also even though it's technically against the rules to post underwear pics in the forums, people do it all the time and those threads very rarely get deleted.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options

I have only been here a little while, but already noticed lots of pictures of people in tiny underwear? Also I have seen some close ups of just their boobs?

Why cant you upload one of yourself in underwear on threads but you can in your profile?

You can't upload any underwear pictures according to the rules, but thankfully they don't enforce that too much. Seriously, how is a bra and panties different than a tiny bikini? I don't think they should ban it anywhere. It's silly and accomplishes nothing.
    People like to post the photos because it makes progress clear. If I posted a photo of me in a t-shirt and shorts, honestly you wouldn't be able to tell I lost a pound. Take the shirt off and t becomes evident that I lost 30lbs. Most people want to lose weight and become more proud of their bodies, that's naturally going to result in people showing what they achieved.

That being said, I don't see many boob shots and i don't see many underwear photos. Mostly bikinis and workout attire.
    Care to send me the links for the boob ones?
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    I have one of my leg!! and my cat!! lol........ but you are right! well I cant post a pic of my boobs... they run away with my fat! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: my under "clothes" pics just for my friends!:bigsmile:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You must find it pretty disgusting that my profile pic is of me naked.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Why do people set their profile pictures as pictures of their cars? Oh, yeah, because mine is sexy. I almost never question somebody's choice in profile picture. If it makes them happy, then that's all there is to it. People post pictures in their underwear because they're proud of how far they came, and dammit, they look good in their underwear.
  • colpol1
    colpol1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

You can't upload any underwear pictures according to the rules, but thankfully they don't enforce that too much. Seriously, how is a bra and panties different than a tiny bikini? I don't think they should ban it anywhere. It's silly and accomplishes nothing.
    People like to post the photos because it makes progress clear. If I posted a photo of me in a t-shirt and shorts, honestly you wouldn't be able to tell I lost a pound. Take the shirt off and t becomes evident that I lost 30lbs. Most people want to lose weight and become more proud of their bodies, that's naturally going to result in people showing what they achieved.

That being said, I don't see many boob shots and i don't see many underwear photos. Mostly bikinis and workout attire.
    Care to send me the links for the boob ones?

I seen the boobie one last night, sorry I didn't save the link for you haha!

I have to agree though, I dont mind certain underwear and yes it does show off progress which is loads better and you should be proud of your body..but before I seen a picture of someone in lace underwear, and it just made me think like Eh? this isn't a sex site!

I guess some just seem a lot more saucier than they are!
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've seen people purposely post sexy pics just to screw with the moderators. I'm willing to post more revealing pics here than I am FB because this is a supportive community.
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but most swimsuits don't fit like underwear....I look way better in my underwear.....BUT....I don't post it, my husband would kill me....I post my bikini or workout clothes.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    shifty eyes from me! i think i have a butt pic in undees lol.

but yea, progress/thinspiration. whatever
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Peoples pictures don't bother me. Their confidence regardless of their progress or size is sexy! Not to mention inspiring.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i love seeing my friends progress and my own...so bras, undies, whatever they post in doesn't bother me!!! my friends are mutha ****ing hot!!!!
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have no problems with the pics... just wondering how I order wallet-size.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Her point wasn't that she thought it was disgusting, just that there was a weird double standard of what you can upload and where.

Personally, I think people should be allowed to upload underwear/bikini pics on the forums as long as they put "bikini" or "underwear" in the title so people know not to click on it if they'll be offended or just dont want to see it.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    You must find it pretty disgusting that my profile pic is of me naked.

Is not! I checked!! Ah, I see what you did there...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Who said I'm wearing underwear in my pic?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Shows progress better than in clothes, especially when you're doing strength training.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    it shows off all my wicked hot results.. and I am all about showing off my results.

and my bewbs on boobie friday... :P
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Some of the booby ones make me giggle cause they look like bums. :laugh:
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Some of the booby ones make me giggle cause they look like bums. :laugh:

my bum looks like boobies =(
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    because its a way of showing their hard work!