Sleep, Sleep, Sleep, Sleep!

Options
Renae_Nae
Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
A good night sleep is MORE important that eating right or exercising!!! If you're not sleeping good and you're tired all day your body craves more calories to keep going! Get sleep deprived and you'll be wanting to eat all day! Then you still won't have the energy to exercise!

I think some times we get so focused on calorie counting, exercising a certain amount, and the number on the scale we forget to REALLY take care of ourselves. Remember to make sure your sleeping, getting in some of your favorite activities (even if it is sitting on the couch), and being happy.

While weight loss means getting healthy for most of us, it's more than just the size of clothes and number on the scale! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! :flowerforyou: I've been trying to figure out why I haven't had the energy to work out but am always hungry. I have noticed that I've been waking up alot during the night and not getting a full nights sleep. What's frustrating is I'm tired during the day and then when it comes time to go to bed I'm awake. I think it has to do with my desk job so maybe if I can get up around more during the day I'll have more energy to workout later on and then be exhausted and actually sleep!!!
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i have not had a good night sleep in three days now and dont know why:yawn:
  • BigAnn
    BigAnn Posts: 38
    Options
    what if your job has you so stresed out that you can't sleep? I exercise and that doesn't help the sleep problem. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep (this is at midnight) then I toss and turn all night and wake up before the alarm. I can barely keep my eyes open during the day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    From articles I have read, to be healthy we must sleep a minimum of 7.5 hours per night every night, up to a maximum of 9 hours, as too much sleep is not good for us as well.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lol ive had one good nights sleep in 9months :laugh:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I was on anxiety/depression meds to help me sleep due to job stress...and once I stopped and witched to lunesta (amazing sleep in a pill) it made a world of a difference!

While I'm all for improving diet and exercising first to see if that helps...if you are doing that and still having problems with sleep/depression/anxiety talk to a dr or a counselor.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    * cant take sleep meds*...well i guess i could but then id be afraid of not waking up and hearing my kids .........lol kids are deff a big kick in the *kitten* when u want sleep :laugh:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    what if your job has you so stresed out that you can't sleep? I exercise and that doesn't help the sleep problem. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep (this is at midnight) then I toss and turn all night and wake up before the alarm. I can barely keep my eyes open during the day.

Try taking a nice warm bath with a lavender oil in it. Lavender is soothing and relaxing and it might help make you sleepy. :yawn:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

Try taking a nice warm bath with a lavender oil in it. Lavender is soothing and relaxing and it might help make you sleepy. :yawn:

Don't drink alcohol at night as that makes you not sleep as deep. Drink Chamomile tea as it is relaxing
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    Sleep is very good for weight loss, that's true. Alcohol can disrupt sleep, especially in mature adults. Although it may smell good and be relaxing, bathing in lavender oil can cause male breast growth - not the actual effect I'm going for. :noway:

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Sleep is very good for weight loss, that's true. Alcohol can disrupt sleep, especially in mature adults. Although it may smell good and be relaxing, bathing in lavender oil can cause male breast growth - not the actual effect I'm going for. :noway:

223140.png
    can it cause female breast growth? lol
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options

223140.png

WHAT!!!!!?????? I have never heard that before.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

223140.png
    can it cause female breast growth? lol
    ha ha ha My thoughts exactly, because if so, I'm off to buy some Lavender Oil!!! LOL
This discussion has been closed.