Need Breakfast food to pack

Here is the deal, I am going fishing for 6 days in Canada ( Fly in, so light and low cal, no refrigeration) and need something for breakfast the I can pack back in that doesn't need to be kept cold etc. Used to take Ding dongs etc.... Not anymore!! Does anybody have any good suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

Replies

• gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    trail mix, good granola or muesli, dried fruit and jerky are all nutrient and calorie dense, and light
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    beef jerky, 100 calorie pack of nuts, protein bars, protein powder (mix w/water)
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Figured out what I am going to do when I was wandering around the grocery store today reading labels. Here was what I came up with, and it doesn't need to be refrigerated until opened. That will work. I got a pack of Village Hearth Light English Muffins.... 90 calories per muffin. I also picked up a jar of Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Jam which is only 10 calories a tablespoon. So breakfast will be just a 100 calories. That will leave plenty of calories left for snacks, lunch, and supper. Can't wait to get out of here for a while. :happy:

Mark
  • 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    how about some baked sweet potatoes?
    luna bars?
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Sweet potatoes sound good, but I have to keep the weight down when we fly in we have to keep under 125 lbs and that includes all the fishing gear, my food and clothes etc. So anywhere you can cut a corner it helps. So we have one cooler with cold food for the group and no others to keep things cold until we get back in and there is a gas fridge at the cabin then. I also looked at some of the bars at the store and this way I can get less calories so there is more for the other meals.

Thanks for the suggestions,
    Mark