im full of scars... you?

Options
snw_
snw_ Posts: 237 Member
After 23 miscellaneous surgeries (fully under anesthetic, not incl oral surg)
-among them 8 knee, 3 foot, 2 shoulder, spine, appendix, gall bladder, countless amdomninal
Years of skateboaring
A very tomboy childhood

Im pretty covered. no modeling for me. (Heh)

What about you?

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    One massive scar on my right shin. Broken leg playing softball in gym class. Required surgery and a SS plate to fix.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yep.

A 42-week pregnancy and a 9 pound baby gave me tons of stretch marks, which are like scars.
    10+ years of cutting gave me tons of scars.
    Little bitty scars from my hysterectomy (laproscopic, fortunately)
    Miscellaneous tomboy childhood scars
    Hot glue incident left me with some burn scars, also.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    2 on right ankle--inner and outer
    2 on left ankle--inner and outer + 3scope scars on top
    3 scope scars on right knee
    1 scar on right knee where they went in and snipped hamstring tendon
    2 on left elbow from surgery and pin
    3 on each boob from reduction surgery
    1 C-section scar
    1 on my left tricep from a mole removal and the stitches got ripped out
    1 on my forehead from falling on a rifle scope when I was 2
    So, 16...
    Various scars on my hands, knees, shins, arms, legs from sports, pool accidents, and me being clumsy.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Let's just say that my middle name is not Grace!

One wrist scar from an New Years Eve drunken accident.
    Multiple scars from learning to ride my bike on a gravel road.
    Several burn scars from clumbsy cooking.
    Dog bite scar on my left calf (still an dog lover :)
    Two scars from former peircings (eyebrow and lady parts) :blushing:
    One in between my toes from a swimming accident.
    Scar from trying to catch a falling glass blender - apparently I am not as ninja fast as I think.

I am sure there are others but those are the ones I remember.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    only one scar from a surgery.
    several from various different fights that I didn't start.
    one from being shot a couple from being cut.
    scars from claw marks from what I'll call an animal attack.
    stab wound scar.
    several from climbing and falling off cliffs.
    one from my hand being nailed to a shed as a kid.
    one with a small dent in my head from it being cracked open as a kid.
    My hands are scared from hitting things.
    some that I don't remember.
    Stretch marks from growing too fast.

all good times, my freckles hide most of the ones on my arms

but my favorite are my tattoos :drinker:
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nice (sarcasm) 4 inch long one on the abdomen from appedicitis back in 85, they did an exploratory to make sure nothing else was amiss.

Got a another nice one on the foot from a bunionectomy, two from arthroscopic on the knee.

and a few on the forehead and nose from pushing my face through a windshield....note to self always wear a seatbelt and MAKE SURE the car you are driving has them period!
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hands are just a mass of cuts scrapes and surgery.

forearms are no strangers to knives and glass.

shoulder op scar

Right big toe has had surgery on it twice....dont ask :laugh:

shins and legs have a few from rough days on the rugby field.

*sigh* stretch marks from being "rotund"

I have a "dent" in my skull from a car accident...extra points? :smile:

Oh...and they all go together to make ME!!!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    *I have some pretty sweet scars I have one on my face under my chic, and one that goes across my nose ..

* these happened when i was 9 and hit by a old Cadillac in the face..long story short the lady hit me three or so times then backed up and at some point it ripped the lower portion of my face off with it .. my nose, broken jaw, both cheek bones.. reconstructive surgery.

*I have two sweet scars on my right hand from punching a window.. when it didn't break I was more angry and I hit it again.. hahaha.. The glass shards went into my top part of my hand shredding tendons and causing nerve damage .. if you touch it I feel it in my elbow.

*I have 5" by 4 " patch of "3rd degree burn" from doing a tattoo and the autoclaves top burst out splashing my hand with steam and water .. the skin patch immediately sloughed off to the deeper parts of tissue on my forearm. ( now its a strange patch of freckles in a splash pattern )

*1' by 2 " knife scare hahaha forgot about that one above my right rib cage.

*strange lip ones from playing ball with a dog that didn't want me touching his ball.. attacked my face and they had to retrieve my lip. :(

*I have a "Y"on my left arm from trying to catch a ball as it went through an open window.. ( that wasn't open but broken ) and it hit a main vein and was squirting accordingly .. lol its 1"x1" ..

* I have scars from a freak chicken bone accident .. lol where that sharp tiny chicken bone piece .. ( looks toothpick like ) was driven into my knee when I was scooting across the floor at a friends house....I had to have it surgically removed and it was medieval.... several circle like scars and a deeper patterned one on my knee.

*belly button * its hidden for umbilical hernia repair ..

* I have earned my tiger stripes.. as I have 6 beautiful babies.. :D
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ye i gots a few
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yup, lots of scars from being a clumsy kid and some very large unpleasant ones from a breast reduction in my 20s
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Just a few...

** stripes on the belly from 4 babies, scars down under from whence them came lol
    ** itty bitty scars from hysterectomy
    ** small scar from having a heart cath inserted in my neck while on life support, another in the groin area
    ** lots of IV scars, had 7 at one time when I had TSS (I look like an addict)
    ** various nicks and cuts all over my hands because I'm so graceful in the kitchen
    ** little line across my nose where my cat broke it (was literally climbing the curtains one night and it came down on my face)

....and it isn't a scar, but when I was 10 I had to have my cheek bone and orbital bone rebuilt on the right side of my face after an accident. Also had to have my nose placed back in the middle of my face, not directly under my left eye. So...my face is not very symmetrical, and even though most people don't notice, I see it every day.

Certainly makes me unique!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My God, it's full of scars.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Rod in right thigh(car accident, and a trampoline accident)
    knee (same trampoline accident)
    1 major and 2 minor abdominal surgeries (cancer, twice and and an adhesion)
    reconstructive on my left wrist, elbow and shoulder (playing crack the whip at a roller arena, the kid beside didn't let go, tore my arm up badly, broke my collarbone too)
    A pretty big one on my head (piggyback ride in the upstairs, jumped off and hit my head on the bathroom tap)
    and a teeny scar above my upper lip from doing something really stupid as a kid.
    My ankles (from using rollerblades that were too big, the liners slid down and the plastic cut me pretty good).
    And a finger, opened a soup can, lid fell in and i tried to pull it out with my finger. Cut on almost a 90 degree angle.

Not a swimsuit model. Totally okay with that.

My husband is pretty awesome too. He has a dent in his forehead from hammering a cardboard box as a small child. What his parents were thinking is beyond me.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    One over my left eye.
    One on the bridge of my nose.
    One on my right thumb.
    One on my right index finger.
    One on the top of my head.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    One large scar from my belly button down to the top of the pubic area... emergency abdominal surgery at the tender age of 20. Traumatic experience. Two surgeons involved... they removed what turned out to be a congenital benign cyst... the size of a grapefruit, and flat as a pancake... growing in between organs.

Probably saved my life.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    wow.

3 inch long, 1/2 inch wide one on my right butt cheek--fell as a child on a space heater, went right through my jeans.

one on right knee (still has gravel in it too )...riding on brothers bicycle handlebars...front tire fell off.

Bad one on the back of my neck, a german shepherd almost killed me as a kid

one on my face, from the corner of my left eye down to my cheekbone, kitty scratch
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yep a few...I call them my tattoos of life. lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    4 from removal of ugly tattoos. One on my calf from getting squished between two cars when I was 15. Then there are the mental scars...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have none. I have one on my elbow from when I was in 1st grade and scrapped it bad on the playground, then it healed with a piece of gravel in it so it had to be cut open. And a couple of really minor ones from having huge moles removed. That's it. No surgeries. No broken bones. No stitches other than 3 on my head (so I guess I might have a small scar up there) and a few with each child birth. I'm not boring either. I played rugby. I snowboard. I mountain bike. I guess I just don't break easily.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have none. I have one on my elbow from when I was in 1st grade and scrapped it bad on the playground, then it healed with a piece of gravel in it so it had to be cut open.

Wow! Which reminds me... I have a tiny little scar on one of my elbows too... and it's from gravel embedded into it! :D Happened in high school... we were acting like fools, drinking... I stood up in the back of a truck as the driver decided to take a sharp turn at the last minute... flung me out and I was able to use my elbow to break the fall so my head wouldn't hit first. Lucky that I landed in a patch of gravel and slid. I only sprained my wrist.

And I've never had a broken bone or stitch either :)