Slightly concerned ...

Options
Have read a few posts about BMR, TDEE etc and wonder if I can ask for some advice. My BMR is 1424, my TDEE is 1949 and MFP has my calories per day set at 1380. I am 5' 7, weigh 152lbs and have lost four pounds since I started MFP two weeks ago. Should I continue to eat 1380 per day. Am happy with the weight lost so far but am now concerned that my daily calorie allowance is set too low. THANK YOU!

Replies

• Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    How do you feel? Sounds like things are going well. I don't see any issues.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's only 44 calories below your BMR. I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can feel free to continue, but once you stall increase your calories by 200. Your deficit isnt too crazy so just make sure you eat enough protein.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I would at least eat your BMR. I am also assuming that you have been eating back your exercise calories???
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You're averaging 2 pounds a week, which is within the recommended pace of about 1-2 pounds a week.
  • sazzydee1
    sazzydee1 Posts: 55
    Options
    Great, thank you for your helpful replies. I feel fine most of the time and yes, I do eat back all my exercise calories and my protein is always over! Thank you, I won't worry too much now. Much appreciated.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Great, thank you for your helpful replies. I feel fine most of the time and yes, I do eat back all my exercise calories and my protein is always over! Thank you, I won't worry too much now. Much appreciated.

Exactly. Don't overanalyze. Trust your body. If it tells you it needs nutrition, eat (healthy foods, of course). If you feel fine, and you're losing your weight, relax and enjoy the good compliments you're going to be getting over the coming weeks/months... :-)