Just Starting

Options
alienrite
alienrite Posts: 314 Member
Through an odd sequence of events, I looked into food journaling. I have been generally unsuccessful about controlling my weight and condition I blame on my high stress and long work days and a general lack of motivation to diet; and a deep seating aversion to self denial when stressed. To start, I'm just interested in tracking my eating habits without making judgements on what I eat. Interestingly, I find myself immediately making better decisions. I'm unsure on how or where it will lead but the geek in me is enjoying the tracking, logging and playing with my iPhone. I love a new obsession they come by so infrequently.

Replies

• RhianAlyssa
    Options
    Welcome :) I've been here a week and I'm obsessed with tracking now too. Strange how you feel guilty after seeing it all laid out in front of you and make more conscious decisions about what to eat. I've quickly learned how to eat in moderation, never thought I'd see the day!
  • LanaMcL
    LanaMcL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good Evening!
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • alienrite
    Options
    It shows where you stand for the day whichs makes picking a meal something different. I think I often feel like I've blown a day and then stop trying until tomorrow. Immediately I see a difference in my relationship to my food choices. Today I logged exercise and it's so interesting to see how it raises my nutrition allowance for the day.
  • alienrite
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome
  • alienrite
    Options
    Thanks for the well-wishes