What are your "go to" high protein snacks and easy meals?

2»

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Oh yeah! Jif now has a chocolate peanutbutter "go cup"...250 cal but good for quick chocolatey fix!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    nuts
    eggs I already boiled
    string cheese
    leftover chicken or fish

pretty much what I do for quick sources of protein right now
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    celery and peanut butter
    almond butter
    walnuts and cashews
    walnuts and apple
    eggs - salad or scrambled.
    Yumm! This!!
  • missykotyuk
    missykotyuk Posts: 1 Member
    EAS protein shakes are a good choice, without having too many carbs or calories, (if you get the carb control ones).
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    What your protein and I can tell you this; the nutrient counts in the database aren't right most of the time even tho the calories are (I check these out). Protein wise...watch your meats. 3oz for dinner, 1 oz all other meals. Easy meals...watch the sodium. My weight stalled and I quit the easy meals and ate fresh food and it started falling again right away. I try to keep easy meals down to 1 a day (usually lunch).
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Rotisserie chicken sandwiches for an easy meal. S'mores protein bar for snack
  • juliekat1955
    juliekat1955 Posts: 67 Member
    I travel quite a bit for work (most of the time). I've gone to 40-30-30. I'm consistently not hitting my protein level and worry about it. Even though I'm only doing bodyweight strength training, i am doing it.

Most of my snacks are either cheese or fruit or veggies. I need your best easy and fast protein ideas. Thanks!

1 cup of Chobani nonfat, plain greek yogurt has 23 or 24 grams of protein and is delicious with a drizzle of honey. HTH
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    greek yogurt
    turkey pepperoni
    eggs
    meat
    nuts
    peanut butter on a banana or apple
    chocolate milk
  • GNC Total Lean: Lean Shake
    25 grams protein
    170 calories
    24 vitamins and minerals
    & the best part .... Lactose free!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    This one is easy for me to answer :)

I mix a whole can of tuna in spring water with 1tsp mayo, then add in some chopped cherry tomatoes, dash or sriracha and maybe some spring onions if I've got any.

Super high protein snack and low in fat and carbs... not to mention really yummy!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Having a similar problem getting enough protein....bumping for later.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edamame
    soy nuts
    cabot 75% low fat cheddar cheese
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    emerald brand cocoa roasted almonds...you get your chocolate and protein fix all in one. I have almonds with banana for breakfast...yummy!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Cottage Cheese Yeah Buddy
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 201 Member
    Cottage cheese is my new friend but I also eat herring in paprika sauce, wrap string cheese in a slice of turkey or chicken deli sandwich meat, chopped chicken breast on a mission carb balance tortilla or a good ole protein shake.