Water and weight loss

Options
Just curious does drinking high amounts of water help loose weight Because I do not consume more than 10 glasses a day I'm doing good if I drink 3 any suggestions

Replies

• FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It sure does. It helps clean the tunnel if you know what I'm saying ! :wink:
  • rishina27
    rishina27 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It sure does. It helps clean the tunnel if you know what I'm saying ! :wink:

Lol ik what you mean.... Guess I need to get on the water train and turn the koolaid and juice away!!!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I never used to drink much water, didn't really like it! I started off drinking crystal light and stuff like that so I would drink more of it, now I hate the taste of the artifical sweet stuff. Sometimes I would give myself a treat if I drank 8 glasses a day. I know it is hard to get yourself in the habit of drinking water but most people notice huge difference not just with the weight loss but hunger, energy, with their skin etc etc. Keep a bottle handy and drink as much as you can, you will notice a difference! I usually drink about 12 x 8oz glasses most days and if for some reason I don't have much water one day I notice a huge difference.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    This drives me nuts. Some of us are just not built to drink that much fluid in a day. I feel sloshy if I drink more than a cup at a time! And maybe it's because I'm female or maybe it's because I have a small bladder, I don't know, but if I drink a cup of water (or diet coke or coffee or whatever) then I have to pee. Right now, because I *am* trying to drink more, I pee 5-6 times a day. I cannot fathom a world where I could drink 8+ glasses of liquid a day, I'd be in the bathroom ALL DAY LONG. And I share my apartment with 3 other people, it'd be ridiculously inconsiderate of me to use the bathroom 10 times a day!

Drink if you're thirsty.
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This drives me nuts. Some of us are just not built to drink that much fluid in a day. I feel sloshy if I drink more than a cup at a time! And maybe it's because I'm female or maybe it's because I have a small bladder, I don't know, but if I drink a cup of water (or diet coke or coffee or whatever) then I have to pee. Right now, because I *am* trying to drink more, I pee 5-6 times a day. I cannot fathom a world where I could drink 8+ glasses of liquid a day, I'd be in the bathroom ALL DAY LONG. And I share my apartment with 3 other people, it'd be ridiculously inconsiderate of me to use the bathroom 10 times a day!

Drink if you're thirsty.

I use to be the same way. I don't know what change (maybe my level of activity), but now I drink 96oz a day and feel so much better. I do pee often which is good since it is flushing out my system. I use a 32oz cup with a straw and drink 3 of those a day (1 by lunch, 1 by dinner and the last by bedtime). That is usually all I drink except for my iced coffee with why protein for breakfast. Good luck!! You can do it, it just takes time.
  • rishina27
    Options
    I never used to drink much water, didn't really like it! I started off drinking crystal light and stuff like that so I would drink more of it, now I hate the taste of the artifical sweet stuff. Sometimes I would give myself a treat if I drank 8 glasses a day. I know it is hard to get yourself in the habit of drinking water but most people notice huge difference not just with the weight loss but hunger, energy, with their skin etc etc. Keep a bottle handy and drink as much as you can, you will notice a difference! I usually drink about 12 x 8oz glasses most days and if for some reason I don't have much water one day I notice a huge difference.

Good luck! :drinker:

Thanks alot for the advice.... I did not think drinking that much water was beneficial but Im glad i asked thanks alot
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I notice drinking lots of water helps keep my hunger at bay as well. Sometimes a slice of lemon or a handful of fresh mint in the cup or water bottle adds a little flavor. Also, drinking it very cold seems to help me appreciate it more and want to drink more!
  • jennaryan1205
    jennaryan1205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just curious does drinking high amounts of water help loose weight Because I do not consume more than 10 glasses a day I'm doing good if I drink 3 any suggestions

Try drinking it in a cup with a straw. I know it sounds silly but I drink three times as much if I do that instead of out of a bottle.
  • rishina27
    Options
    I notice drinking lots of water helps keep my hunger at bay as well. Sometimes a slice of lemon or a handful of fresh mint in the cup or water bottle adds a little flavor. Also, drinking it very cold seems to help me appreciate it more and want to drink more!

thanks for that tip I always drink it cold but never thought to add a lemon slice or fresh mint in it to give it some flavor Im going to start trying that and see if it helps
  • rishina27
    Options

Try drinking it in a cup with a straw. I know it sounds silly but I drink three times as much if I do that instead of out of a bottle.

Naw not silly actually a great idea Im gonna try that to always open to trying new things.... plus with the bottle i always seem to open it drink half and lay it down some where and never drink the rest at least this way i would go ahead and finish whats in the cup thanks
  • codycisco
    codycisco Posts: 62
    Options
    I am trying to up my water intake because most of the time I only drink 1-3 glasses of anything in a day. I have noticed that I get dizzy often and I contribute that to dehydration. Anyway, I pee myself to death. How long does it take to get used to drinking so much so that I am not up all nite having to pee?
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Once your body is flushed out then it slows down.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Hydration is good, and it can help with weight loss if you are one of those that confuses thirst and hunger. It also, of course, keeps your bowels moving, keeps your skin elastic and healthy, and so on...

But it doesn't really have a major effect on metabolism or anything like that. And there's really no need to drink it in excess. Drink enough that your urine is pale yellow and that's probably good enough. If you're needing to pee every hour, and your urine is clear and almost colorless... you're over-doing it. Over doing it isn't going to hurt you, but its not necessary and rather inconvenient.