6'1" 280lbs - Calories 1900 or 2250?

Options
I am trying to figure out how many calories that I need to be taking in. My goal is to lose at least 1.5-2 pounds per week! I have just recently started exercising so I was still keeping my activity level as sedentary and just logging my exercises. Can someone please help with the best number of calories for me to eat to lose weight!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I found listing myself as sedentary and logging exercise to work well for me. It is more work, but more accurate.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Same here. I started right about your weight. 6'1" and 273. At first I went with lightly active and lost a bit, but i more consistently hit my 2 pounds per week when I went with sedentary. Turns out most of the things I do while working have no effect on my metabolism anymore.

I'd go the 1900....and enjoy it. Because 30+ pounds later it's only giving me 1590. Thank goodness for being able to eat my exercise calories back.
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple numbers that may help...

Caloriesperhour.com
    BMR - 3,077 cal
    RMR - 2,765 cal

fitnessfrog.com
    TDEE - 3,072 cal

cordianet.com
    TDEE - 2,260 cal
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    You should be working with 1900 if you are serious about 1.5 - 2 pounds per week. 2250 would be more appropriate for a 1 pound loss. Good luck.