Workout DVD help

Options
Hello !
Ok I want to buy a workout DVD and I was thinking p90x or insanity can anybody give me an inside to what they like better . Like some pro or cons what they liked or did not like about it. Or if anybody knows a name of a different work out DVD that is like that two that I named above that would be awesome, thanks for the inside.

Leslie <3

Replies

• babyphat2012
    babyphat2012 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    are you new to fitness? I been doing Insanity and Turbo fire for over a year now and Insanity is tough, but doable. If you are new to exercise you might not want to jump into Insanity first. P90X is pretty much upper body strengthening. Insanity builds your cardiovascular system up. Its alot of plyometrics( jumping around) In Insanity. Im going to start insanity again soon, I love the Intensity
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 11 days into 30 Day Shred - I really like it. It's a circuit training program by Jillian Michaels. You can check out the entire routine on youtube. It's simple -- no fancy equipment, just some weights.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What are you looking to get out of it? Some are more strength based, others hype cardio.

I've done a ton of DVD systems, the one I saw the most results with was Chalean Extreme. I coupled it with C25K (did my run, then did the weight routine) and dropped about 15 lbs. I coupled it with Turbofire for a year after that - I only lost 8 lbs the entire year, but I dropped 4 clothing sizes!