Tips to lose 5-10lbs

Options
I have been trying since January to lose 5-10 lbs and it's just not working. My weight just fluctuates. I am generally around 120lbs For a few weeks it will go down to about 118-119 then it's back up to 120. My lowest was 116. I really want to get it to stay at at least 115 if not closer to 110. I'm only 5'3 so my goal is completely realistic.

I have been working out, I do crunches a few times a day, 50 - 100 at a time. I've been doing my biggest lose wii game for 20+ minutes a few times a week too. I have also been riding my bike but not as often as I would like.

Does anyone have any tips for me? I feel like my body just wants to stay at 120, even though this is the heaviest I have ever been. Last summer I was around 108...

Replies

• Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I can't see your food diary so I won't comment on nutrition, but let's stop and think about your exercise for a sec. . .

50 crunches takes what? 5 minutes (that's 10 a minute) so that's about 15 mins a day or 105 minutes a week.
    20 minutes of exercise every few days is maybe an hour a week? so now we're up to 165 minutes a week
    Bike riding on top of that? add another hour a week? total of 225 minutes of exercise a week.

It doesn't seem like much exercise, to be honest. Even if you're going all-out and burning 600 or 800 calories per hour that's not quite a pound lost, (and you could be EASILY eating that back in treats or something, again I can't see your food so I dunno!)

Could you try to push it up to doing the Wii game for an hour 3x a week? or try to bike a few hours a week? maybe bike to work/school?
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    Your goals are very similar to mine! The best (and most frequent) advice I've gotten is to exercise, exercise, exercise. We're at a good weight for our height, so it takes work to lose. Diet alone isn't enough. (It's easier said than done, I know.) Good luck and feel free to friend me since we have a similar journey :)