Dancing NSV

Options
So we got the Xbox 360 with Kinect and Dance Central last year...and we never played it alot. We would try it out maybe once a month...I could get through the easiest song...Poker Face and be so tired and out of breathe I didnt even want to do it anymore.

Fast forward to about a month ago...we started using it. I had lost a little weight, maybe 10 pounds by then. I could get thru 3 songs before I was tired.

I kept pushing myself each week, adding another song. Ignoring that voice in my head saying I had enough. That voice saying You are sweating. That is icky. You should stop now.

And I upped my minimum songs to 5. 5 songs in a row, no stopping. That is about 16 min of non stop dancing. For a girl who has over 300 pounds to lose, that is alot.

And here comes my NSV....tonight I did 8 songs...29 minutes of non stop dancing...

And the best part...I feel so good. Dancing has become something that just feels RIGHT to me. We have danced 17 days in a row. It has become our thang!

Do I get 5 stars? Do I get 100%? HAHAHA no.....I do however move around alot and sweat alot and have stopped worrying about how I look while dancing.

**Find something you LOVE to do that makes you sweat and have fun with it!**

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Dancing is great exercise but even better is the spending time doing it with your family is wonderful. Your children will remember this in the years to come and smile at all the fun they had with Mom !!!!!!!!!!!!! Making good memories and setting a positive example at the same time. Keep up the GREAT work.
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    Awesome workout! Keep it up! You are doing great.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I love dancing too! And, dancing has other huge benefits on your health. It's shown to be awesome at keeping dementia at bay in your older years :)
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, I love dancing and I have slimmed out alot because of it. keep on sweating it up sister in sweat you can do it.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! I love to dance, and it's such a fun workout. Keep up the good work!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! All your hard work and dedication will pay off. Dancing is a great workout and fun. Keep up all you hard work! Congrats on your NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!