Overweight SAHM changing things up a bit

Options
I've been overweight my entire adult life. I've never really had a big issue with it. I wear my weight well enough and have been in love with my boobs ever since I grew them at 16! :happy: I never really liked myself in photos, but otherwise I was too lazy to worry too much about changing the way I look. I've now had two babies (26 months and 10 months old) and I started noticing how unenergetic I am as a mom. That's what I didn't like about myself.

What started as an amusing contest between my hubby and I to see who could lose 20lbs first, has now turned into a working lifestyle change. Still in progress, but I'm so happy so far with the results. The energy, the motivation, the increased libido, the compliments from friends, the smaller pants size, and actually seeing a difference in the mirror are what make me want to keep going and brought me to MFP.

I am not into crazy dieting, shakes, pills or anything like that. I'm not organic or even an overly healthy eater. I am just trying to watch my intake and get more exercise. I mostly gave up Mountain Dew (from 2+ cans a day down to 1 a week) and that has been the most difficult part of my journey so far. Everything in moderation is my basic motto.

As a SAHM with a very part time job (< 10hours/week) and my husband working swing shifts (4pm-2am) I get very bored and lonely for adult interaction. I am looking for a few extra online friends who can relate, or find me somewhat interesting. I'm not very good at computers so I'm still trying to figure out how all this stuff on MFP works, but so far I'm enjoying myself. I guess that's it for now.

Replies

• MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    MMmmmmm....Mountain Dew! I miss it too! I also miss red wine. I swear I would drink a whole bottle if I had it in the house right now :drinker:
  • brigid0113
    brigid0113 Posts: 16
    Options
    I still indulge in red wine at least once a week. Since my mom makes homemade delicious wine I ALWAYS have some in the house and love a night of reading a good book and drinking too much good wine.
  • blazingmissp
    blazingmissp Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a stay at home mom as well. I do go to school but that is only a few hours a week. My husband works 3rd shift so I understand. He sleeps during the day and is gone at night. The computer and my inlaws are the only real adult conversations I get. I have been on my lifestyle change journey for 9 months and I am so glad I have. After 2 kids, 6 and 3, I just wasn't where I wanted to be in my fitness or weight. Now after 60 pounds lost and tons of inches, I love everything about it. Soda was never a really big issue for me, my vice is sour candy. Ugh, I can't get enough but now I just limit how many I eat and still get to eat it.