Triceps

Options
Since July of 2010 I have lost almost 50 pounds (3 pounds shy) :happy: However, I seem to have been unable lose much from my upper arms. I know that you can't lose weight in specific areas, but I'm at about 25% body fat, so I don't really have a lot more fat to lose.

Do any of you have exercise ideas to help my triceps? Any success stories of what you did that gave you svelt arms? My arms are the only reminder of what I was before :frown: Thoughts?

Replies

• helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    About the only way you are going to be able to tone your arms would be to do some weight lifting. There are a number of exercises for your biceps and triceps that will help to tone your arms. You can find a good variety at http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/10/muscle/triceps You can do a lot of them with some dumbbells at your home.

Hope this helps...
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    push ups...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    tricep push ups! like a regular push up, but with your elbows in at your sides.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can lose a lot more body fat.. Ideal for women is around 20% I believe.

Do some heavy weight training.. Dips, Pull ups, Skull Crushers, Kick Backs, Tri-cep extensions on a cable machine. All will help that area.
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You will also want to work your biceps to have a nice even appearance to your arms.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Do some heavy weight training.. Dips, Pull ups, Skull Crushers, Kick Backs, Tri-cep extensions on a cable machine. All will help that area.

Um, no.

20% is low for an average woman; it's at the high end for an athletic woman.

Classification Women (% fat) Men (% fat)
    Essential Fat 10-12% 2-4%
    Athletes 14-20% 6-13%
    Fitness 21-24% 14-17%
    Acceptable 25-31% 18-25%
    Obese 32% plus 25% plus

At 25% she's perfectly healthy.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Um, no.

20% is low for an average woman; it's at the high end for an athletic woman.

Classification Women (% fat) Men (% fat)
    Essential Fat 10-12% 2-4%
    Athletes 14-20% 6-13%
    Fitness 21-24% 14-17%
    Acceptable 25-31% 18-25%
    Obese 32% plus 25% plus

At 25% she's perfectly healthy.

Well excuse me... did you not read the I believe part?

To OP:
    Apparently, I'm wrong.

I'm not athletic by any means, but I'm around 20% body fat and trying to dip a bit lower.

So I think, you could lose a bit more if you wanted... and would prob. find it beneficial if you want your arms to go down in size.