cant eat??

Options
I feel like I eat all day. I know I drink all day non stop. My water bottle is constantly being refilled, even if I forget to log it. But I definitely log my food. I am on 1200 calories but I can't ever get it in. All I do is eat! After I work out I am back, or ahead of where I started! I started all this in Jan and haven't lost a single pound.
I eat. I exercise. I log every bite. I drink water at least 80 oz. And my food diary says I can eat every thing over then some.

After 6 months, this is getting really old and depressing. Some, any progress would be encouraging. But ...nothing! It doesn't look like I eat a lot. But I promise I eat all day. Little here little there. I can't (never could) eat a whole meal at once.

Siiiiighhh :(

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    How do you know how much you eat? Except for the past 2 days, your diary is empty.
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be empty. I put everything in that I've eaten. Yest I had something like 1298 calories. I was thrilled I went over. Then noticed I worked some off and had @ 400 left...(I think)

I'm just so frustrated that I eat and can't get the 1200 and exercise and still can't lose.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. If you're not eating at least 1200 net a day (AT LEAST this is the *BARE MINIMUM*) then you're putting your body into starvation mode. And you're screwing with your metabolism which is why you don't feel hungry. Therefore your body coverts what it does get into fat and stores it. I think if you actually upped your calories maybe to 1500 and ate bigger meals it would help you lose weight. Just make sure your net is always at least 1200 especially on the days your work out. You don't have to eat back ALL your exercise calories just enough to get your net at 1200. I think you'll be surprised how eating more actually makes you LOSE weight. Eat more snacks through out the day. Maybe some protein shakes. Eating as little as possible, even if you're doing so without be aware of it, will cause plateaus like the one you're experiencing. I am having the same issue and have done a lot of research. You need to actually start eating more. Aim for breakfast to be AT LEAST 250-300 calories high in protein. Have a mid morning snack, a granola bar perhaps. Have a nice sandwich with some lean meat at lunch with some baked chips or fruit or something else healthy. Maybe half a sandwich and some soup or a frozen weight watchers meal. A snack in between lunch and dinner such as almonds, hummus and carrots. By the time you have breakfast lunch and your snacks (before dinner) you should have eaten around 1000 calories, or at least 800. This leaves you with at least 500 calories for dinner without working out so have a lean meat like chicken or fish, a starch like potato's or rice and some veggies. It is ridiculously easy to eat 1200 calories a day my guess is that you're simply trying not to eat that much in hopes that it will help you lose more. I think you just need to give in to that and start eating more! I know it's hard but I truly think it'llhelp with weight loss .Good luck!

Edit: It actually IS tough to get your net to 1200 you really need to eat back a LOT of what you work out. So you could work out a little less or simply just make sure you eat more. Eat high protein snacks or snacks like nuts that although high in fat, it's good fat. Fat is not always the enemy. YOu really need to focus on eating more. I don't wanna sound critical cos i'm in the same boat! It can be difficult to get your net to 1200 on days your work out however if you are struggling to eat 1200 calories worth of food not factoring in exercise there is something seriously wrong with your eating habits.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be empty. I put everything in that I've eaten. Yest I had something like 1298 calories. I was thrilled I went over. Then noticed I worked some off and had @ 400 left...(I think)

I'm just so frustrated that I eat and can't get the 1200 and exercise and still can't lose.

Well it is empty. I went back through to January and didn't see anything but the last two days.

Judging by the last two days, you need to be eating fresh fruits and vegetables. There aren't any listed, and that's not healthy. Also, you absolutely need to eat more. It really isn't that difficult. Just add a little more to each meal, drink protein shakes or smoothies, add in calorie dense foods like avocado. Once your body is used to eating enough you'll be hungry for the right amount of food.

And, looking at your diary, you are not constantly eating. I'm breastfeeding right now and am pumping 60 ounces of milk a day. Which means I eat an extra 1200 calories a day. I eat 3000 calories. I am constantly eating. I literally eat like a hobbit (breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, second lunch, etc.).