HRM- Any suggestions?

Options
I'm looking to get a HRM, do you guys have any suggestions? What do you use? Do you like it? What don't you like about it? What exercise do you use yours for?

Replies

• IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    I use one by TIMEX and I love it. It came with the band that goes around the chest which i was worried because one would it fit and would it bother me working out. And it did fit and did not even notice it. Works really well and very simple. was about 80 bucks
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Polar FT40! I LOVE IT (: I use it for the elliptical, walking and u can use it for whatever else... It's super easy to use and very reliable! I Highly recommend it!!!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your budget and what you want to do now and in the future. If you have the budget I'd spend it especially if you think you will run or bike with it.

I use a Polar RX5 it is great. I bought the run package then added the gps later. I may add the bike sensor if I get serious about riding.

The only thing I don't like is the back light. It is hard to see in the dark.

If all you want it for is calories burned and cardio machines you can spend a lot less.
  • z_Zoe_z
    z_Zoe_z Posts: 17
    Options
    I have a polar FT4 and love it to bits, I use it for everything, walking, equipment at the gym (the transmitter on the chest strap gets picked up by most machines =]), workout videos etc. =]
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get a HRM, do you guys have any suggestions? What do you use? Do you like it? What don't you like about it? What exercise do you use yours for?

I use Timex Ironman Global Trainer GPS.

Love:
    GPS
    Information display (up to four compartments in the screen)
    Customization of the information shown

Hate:
    Sometimes GPS takes a little to catch the satellites around
    Information downloaded to pc is not compatible with other information programs
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40! I LOVE IT (: I use it for the elliptical, walking and u can use it for whatever else... It's super easy to use and very reliable! I Highly recommend it!!!

This it is great! I use it for all my cardio! works out your calories burned and is very easy to use! and wasn't expensive
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I love the Polar FT4. I use it for everything but swimming and it's very comfy. I can't even tell I'm wearing it except for the fact that I keep peeking at the watch to make sure I'm in my fat burning zone!
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been looking on the Polar website, and I am thinking of going with one of those, I'm just not sure which one yet! So far I'm debating between the FT40, and the FT60.