Just let me whine for a second... Thanks!

Options
So here is my pathetic whine (I know it is, I just need to get this off my chest).

My Ex got married today. We were together for 6 years, and split up mainly because he wanted to move back to the US and I wanted to stay in Germany, and in the long run, those two goals just didn't match (I am German, he is US-American but we were living in Germany at the time).

Well guess what - he is now married to a German with no intentions of going back to the US. I, on the other hand, am married to an American who (before we got married) made it seem like we would be spending time in the US and Germany and even live in Germany for a while and who now says he has no intention of doing so, and he never said he would. We live in the US.

Ugh.

Also, my Ex's family is the nicest family in the world, his mom was like a 2nd mom to me (we are still friends), and his spouse now doesn't appreciate her at all. At the same time, my MIL is ... difficult, let's put it like that.

I know I will get over it. It was just today that it all hit me, and was a bit much. Like I said, this is a pathetic, childish whine. Thanks for reading/listening!

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    So here is my pathetic whine (I know it is, I just need to get this off my chest).

My Ex got married today. We were together for 6 years, and split up mainly because he wanted to move back to the US and I wanted to stay in Germany, and in the long run, those two goals just didn't match (I am German, he is US-American but we were living in Germany at the time).

Well guess what - he is now married to a German with no intentions of going back to the US. I, on the other hand, am married to an American who (before we got married) made it seem like we would be spending time in the US and Germany and even live in Germany for a while and who now says he has no intention of doing so, and he never said he would. We live in the US.

Ugh.

Also, my Ex's family is the nicest family in the world, his mom was like a 2nd mom to me (we are still friends), and his spouse now doesn't appreciate her at all. At the same time, my MIL is ... difficult, let's put it like that.

I know I will get over it. It was just today that it all hit me, and was a bit much. Like I said, this is a pathetic, childish whine. Thanks for reading/listening!

OMG!! Aw! *hugs* :/

I'm so sorry. I know I would be DEV-ES-TATED if I heard that. My ex and I broke up years ago, but I know I am dreading the day he posts an engagement announcement. We were engaged and ugh... I can relate, about the family stuff. Hope things get better, for everyone!
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Estella let me be the first to say that your post is a pathetic, childish whine. I'm only serious. :smile: Move forward and don't look back. Have a talk with your spouse about the things that you told us.

Tom

:smile:
  • alovesopure
    alovesopure Posts: 610
    Options
    Hugs also! You can whine to me all day long, and it was good for you to just vent about it. I usually just keep everything to myself (not good). Always here for you if you need to vent again. :)
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hugs also! You can whine to me all day long, and it was good for you to just vent about it. I usually just keep everything to myself (not good). Always here for you if you need to vent again. :)

Same here. I also give good {{Hugs}}.

:flowerforyou:
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I can relate and whine all you need. We all need a safe space to vent. My ex left me for someone else, but kept insisting he DIDN'T. I think being lied to was the worst of it. He wanted to stay friends, but I can't really be friends with someone I can't respect and who lies to me. His wedding announcement was quick. He married not long after our divorce was final. It was just all this crazy stuff. I thought it would freak me out forever. This past month, I saw his mom post pics of their new baby. I realized...it no longer hurt me. I can't have kids, and it didn't hang over me like I feared it would. I knew I was over it all. Have an awesome guy, but sometimes don't get on well with his mom. I just don't "get her" so to speak. She doesn't get me either. My ex's mom and dad...I still love and am still friends with.
    It will get easier someday. Just have to let go of the "what ifs" and figure out if you are happy where you are now.