Which exercise should I do?

Options
Okay, I have been walking almost every day since I started this whole thing, and while I just lovelovelove it, I think I need to incorporate something new on top of it for like two or three days a week just to give my body something new to do, and to maybe jump start some toning. I have lost a couple inches with walking, but I'm still flabby!

That being said, there are a few classes that are offered through my college's rec center that sparked some interest for me:

1. Aqua Cardio Tone - water resistant cardio exercise basically.
2. Belly Dancing - I love to dance and thought it'd be fun, but I don't really know much about it, how many calories it burns, if it's intense, etc.
3. Yoga - never tried it, don't know much about this either.
4. Kickbox Core - this would only be one day a week with my schedule, would it be worth it for just the one day?
5. OR just a plain ab machine/elliptical machine/etc.

They also have hard-core fitness classes, but I don't think my body is up for that just yet. Maybe next semester! Anyway, I guess I just wanted to know more about these classes/exercises, if anybody has ever taken them, and if so, how much it helped you tone your body. Thanks so much! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mteri
    mteri Posts: 1
    Options
    I would recommend weight training. It will help tone your body and build muscle. Muscle burns more calories than fat so it will help with your weight loss.
  • kstefanski
    kstefanski Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've thought about that but I have nobody to spot me while doing that, and that area is swarmed with football players this time of year and I wouldn't be able to get anything done.