Low weight but not toned at all! Please help...

Hi all, I've been dieting and exercising for about 4 months now I'm 5'2 and have dropped from 130 to 114 which I believe is a reasonable weight although aiming for 105lbs as I have a small frame.
My exercise routine is 5 short brisk walks with the dog each morning and minimum 4 dance classes a week, Konga/vypa mixed class, hot hula and just recently bokwa. Basically I still look fat as in my legs, bum and stomach aren't toned at all but I can't afford a gym subscription as well as my dance classes which I love! I can't run too far (I still smoke-yes I know very bad) so struggle with that.
Does anyone have any tips on what I can do at home for free to help tone me up? I have an 8 week goal to make some serious changes.
My dance classes do incorporate squats and serious leg work but it doesn't seem to be making a difference!
Your advice would be greatly appreciated and anyone in the same position please feel free to add me :-)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    Your regimen is based around cardio activity and even though you may do some squats etc. it doesn't sound like there's any resistance training at all. That would usually cause more lean muscle loss, especially if you don't lift weights and eat enough protein.
    Start by doing some body weight exercises like push ups and pullups. You can find a myriad of body weight exercises for free. Resistance training is what you are missing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition