I feel horrible...

thirtyby40
thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Well I finally caved. My kids ask me all the time to get Chinese for dinner, tonight I gave in. I planned to actually eat something I made myself, but then decided once wont hurt. Now I feel guilty, but on top of that I did not even enjoy it. I have been trying to eat clean, that much salt and whatever else has me feeling bloated and disgusting.

Oh well. Lesson learned. We should have got pizza, that would have gone down better I am sure.:wink:

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Well the good thing is you didn't like it! So you won't be tempted to do it again plus you learned your lesson... don't worry one meal won't make you gain weight and great job on the 19 pounds lost :happy: :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Aww, don't worry about it! :noway:
    I've had Chinese food at least once every few months, and it didn't hurt me any! :smile: When I have Chinese, I just drink tons of extra water, and get lots of extra exercise in too.
    I would still be over on my numbers, but, oh well. Every once in awhile, we've just GOTTA splurge! :laugh: That's why MFP worked so well for me! If I couldn't "cheat" every now and then, I'd have given up a long time ago, same as I ALWAYS did before MFP! I can't say enough good about MFP and all the wonderfully supportive members here! :love:
  • My chinese delivery has a diet healthy food section on the menu. It's mostly steamed with seafood and vegies or chicken. Although, if it was from home, I'd have brown rice. Check into it at your place.
  • I agree with the needing 'to cheat' thing. Although - it's not really cheating as long as you log it and know how many calories it has in it. If you remove everything you like from your diet you'll be bitter and resentful and end up binging and making yourself sick.

As far as the Chinese food - Enjoy what you want, even if it's Chinese, and drink plenty of water. The sodium is a painful thing but it should go away soon. The excellent thing is that if you didn't like it then you'll know for next time and either fix yourself something healthy that you do like or order something else as a family you can all enjoy together. Either way, you win! How cool is that?
    :happy:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    I had chinese tonight too. Only because I have been craving it for awhile. I also went over but only but 21 calories I can probably burn that off by the end of this sentence. We deserve a "treat" every once in awhile :drinker:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Thanks everybody! I do feel better after a couple of glasses of water. Tomorrow I will be back at it. When my husband got home he finished off almost all the left overs, so there should be no temptation tomorrow if I forget how I felt tonight. :tongue:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I don't care for chinese food much its too salty
  • Don't be too hard on yourself. If you try to deny yourself the foods that you love you will find that you will binge or be depressed because you feel like you can't have your favorite foods. Go ahead and have your favorite Chinese dish but a smaller portion of it (less often like a treat) and be sure to count it and of course lots of water!!!!!!!!!!

255138.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate on the present moment" ~The Buddha

And if it makes you feel any better, I have been craving Chinese and was planning on pushing that craving on my friends for our girls night out this weekend. You made me rethink that. :wink: See you helped a stranger, I would do it for you too.:bigsmile:

Holly:heart:
This discussion has been closed.