I cant see a difference

Options
I have lost 31 lbs. since February 13, 2012 but I cant see a difference. I need motivation, what do you guys think?

July 2011 248 Didnt like these pictures but refused to believe I had a problem.
CayandMeherwedding-1.jpg

January 255lbs This was the last straw and I got serious.
January2012-1.jpg

March 243lbs
March2012.jpg

March 243lbs
312.jpg

May 231lbs
May52012.jpg

June 226lbs
June42012.jpg

cid__0516120818_0001.jpg

I am now at 224 but havent taken any new pics. I still a grossly fat person and am getting discouraged.

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see the difference, look at the shape of your face! You are doing a great job, don't despair!
  • lmais88
    lmais88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! You can definitely see it! Keep up the good work!
  • kateguy1981
    kateguy1981 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can defiantly see a difference your doing so well don't stop now xx
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I can see it in your face too! Hang in there, when you see your own face and body every day, you don't notice the differences. You will run into someone you haven't seen for a long time and they will say something! Or you will put on a pair of pants or dress you haven't worn in a while and it will totally look different. There will be moments you notice, but most days you will probably see what looks the same as yesterday. Rest assured, things are changing! :0)
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    You can definitely see the difference, look at the shape of your face! You are doing a great job, don't despair!

I agree! Definitely a difference, great job and keep working hard!
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    HUGE difference in your face alone. You look so much younger already! Good job!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Take the first pic of your face and hold it up next to the last pic of your face. There is definitely a difference. Keep up the great work!!!!
  • debjo18
    debjo18 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well, unfortunately our eyeballs deceive us, overridden by our brains :) All I mean by that is that you will still "see" yourself as large, even as you shrink - I PROMISE that this will change in time. It is important to also take measurements because when you can see these changes on paper (in addition to the scale) your brain will start to believe it and accept it, and your mirror image will reflect the reality. It will just take some time.

Stick with it - know that you are not alone, and that others (MANY others) struggle with the same issues. You admitted to yourself that you DIDN'T want to admit that there was a weight issue to begin with (thereby proving that your eyes were being deceived by your brain in the reverse direction, not "seeing" the weight gain.) Not everyone does this, but I do and I know others do.

Stick with it - stick with it - stick with it. Your weight loss so far is inspiring to others - and should be something for your to smile about! Put your hands on your now smaller hips and SMILE - then get back out there and go for a walk!

Debbie
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Oh there is a difference.
    You can see it in your face!
    You normally don't see the change because you still think of yourself as the former fat person you were.
  • LatentColors
    Options
    You look so much younger in your newer pictures! Keep it up!
  • codycisco
    codycisco Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I will stick with this because I AM IN CONTROL OF MY WEIGHT! My goal is 160 but I may just go all the to the recommended weight for my height with is 135! So glad I have MFP and you guys!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i cant def see a difference...try taking pictures in same clothes same pose...shows more that way !! hang in there!! you are making tremendous progress!!!!
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is most definitely a difference. You look healthier, younger, happier, and yes, smaller too. Keep it up! :)
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference! Don't give up! Don't undo all the great work you've done!!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options

I am now at 224 but havent taken any new pics. I still a grossly fat person and am getting discouraged.

What? You've made great strides and you are looking good and living a healthier life. DON'T diminish your accomplishments, DON'T run yourself down.
    That's just self-sabotage, and you didn't make these changes, you didn't put the work in to FAIL because of a moment of self-doubt.

You've lost ~8lbs a month. You keep that up and by September 1st you will be 18lbs lighter. By Halloween 35lbs lighter (hello "onederland') and by New Years you'll be 50lbs lighter. You CAN do this. You ARE doing this. We know you WILL do this. And we'll want to see the pix of you on Valentine's Day in your new red dress.
  • nlhill79
    nlhill79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Yeah, big difference. You may not be able to see it because you are seeing it in progression, but there is a difference.
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    I see a huge difference in the face!! you look great don't get discouraged
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    I can see a BIG difference!! KUTGW, don't give up!
  • lil_bear0811
    Options
    You look beautiful. You have definition to your face and your jaw line. Keep up the amazing work. You're doing fantastic.
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful person.....never give up...you can see a difference... for sure:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!