Body refuses to work out in the morning

Options
Does anyone else have a hard time working out in the morning? Even though I'm a morning person and wake up energized, my body cannot get going that early. On the weekends I have to go do errands first before I can even attempt a workout, my body just cannot handle it. I can walk around a store but cant do anything vigorous.

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Lots of coffee is the answer.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan off caffeine pre-workout too!!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks good idea. I need to switch to a cold coffee shot, Starbucks Via used to work well for me. Going to Walmart to pick some up.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    In my experience doing a high intensity workout on an empty stomach is not the best idea anyway. Best to keep it moderate if you want to work out fasted.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Workout at a different time?
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You have to give your body a few weeks to get adjusted to working out early in the morning! Once that happens, you will be fine!!
  • kimsey1993
    Options
    Totally agree that you have to give your body and mind time to adjust to working out so early. Remember that your state of mind is so important when it comes to working out. If you constantly think that you can't do something then it becomes the truth, but it is really just your mind-set that is getting in the way and not your body. I am not a morning person at all but I conditioned myself to wake up earlier and earlier just so I could go to boot camp at 5:45AM if need be. Good luck and remember "persistence doesn't recognize failure!" :)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'd pick a different time of day that works better for you rather than using a stimulant...
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a hard time working out in the morning? Even though I'm a morning person and wake up energized, my body cannot get going that early. On the weekends I have to go do errands first before I can even attempt a workout, my body just cannot handle it. I can walk around a store but cant do anything vigorous.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity to challenge your body in a new way, which is what we're always striving to do. Maybe you can start out with a less strenuous workout in the mornings and work your way up to your more familiar challenge level. Kudos to you for looking for ways to change things around and honoring what your body is telling you.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'd pick a different time of day that works better for you rather than using a stimulant...
    Ha, that I do. But on the weekends I'd like to get my workout done in the morning so I can have the rest of the day to myself.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i work out fasted often and i find i have harder time with early morning high impact stuff like running than early morning weight training.
    i'm not a morning person at all, so i think the combination of jumping +early morning = fail for me. i have no trouble doing a long fasted run after midday though. in fact, this run feel easier for me