Muscle Weight???

Options
FelizMi
FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
I notice that when I have what I think is a really good workout, the next day if my muscles are really sore & stiff, I will have gained a few pounds on the scale. Is this because my muscles are swollen or holding on to water or something? Because the days after when I am not sore I don't gain.

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yes, when your muscles are recovering, they hold on to water and glycogen to help the repair process.
  • vico1612
    vico1612 Posts: 18
    Options
    Yes, when your muscles are recovering, they hold on to water and glycogen to help the repair process.

Thanks for this :-) I was wondering my self as I started strength training this week.
    Think I need to focus on measurements and forget the scales for some time ...
  • FelizMi
    FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Thanks for this :-) I was wondering my self as I started strength training this week.
    Think I need to focus on measurements and forget the scales for some time ...

True, I try to not focus on the scales so much, but it's hard. I was just curious because it always seems to happen. Thanks for the info!