skim milk with no sugar in it/alternative

Options
seasoul
seasoul Posts: 4 Member
Hi,
I'm on a strict diet and I cannot drink milk. This because even the skim milk has at least 13 g of sugars per serving.

Do you know if there is a kind of a skim milk with not so much sugar in it?
I'm looking for a viable alternative to put into my morning coffee (I used to have cappuccino before starting my diet), but now I don't know what to put in my coffee (and I really need my coffee kick in the morning...).

Any ideas?
Cheers

Replies

• deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    the sugar in milk is not added sugar, it is naturally occurring due to the lactose. I don't know of an unsweetened alternative for your coffee. do you have an allergy or illness that makes you need to avoid naturally occurring healthy sugars like in fruits also? maybe others can help.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use So Delicious coconut creamer (french vanilla) or half and half or heavy whipping cream with vanilla sugar free syrup(got it at Sam's)
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk is a close alternative. It has plenty of calcium but does not contain the protein that skim milk does.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    cream and almond milk (unsweet)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    You only use a couple ounces in coffee.....it's going to be difficult to stay away from all naturally occurring sugars. Even vegetables contain them.

If you have some condition that is that restrictive, you should consult your health care provider.
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You only use a couple ounces in coffee.....it's going to be difficult to stay away from all naturally occurring sugars. Even vegetables contain them.

If you have some condition that is that restrictive, you should consult your health care provider.