See, now I'm just confused.

Okay, I've lost almost ten lbs, but I look the same, my clothes fit the same, and my measurements are the same.

How does that work? :noway:

Haha, sorry, I love that face.

Replies

• Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Okay, I've lost almost ten lbs, but I look the same, my clothes fit the same, and my measurements are the same.

How does that work? :noway:

Haha, sorry, I love that face.
  • TheNettis
    TheNettis Posts: 22 Member
    Same here but the thing I regret is not taking my measurements before I started. :grumble: I've lost about 10 pounds and my clothes haven't budged either . Maybe it takes more then ten pounds ta do it?
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    probably water weight this is always the first to go stick with it and you will soon notice a difference in your clothes.

Congratulations on losing 10lb that is something to be proud of.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    True enough vicky.

The other thing to remember is, if you are loosing fat, it is comming off the spots it came on
    first, probably not the area's that you have had the longest. The biggest thing to remember
    is that this is a long term thing. It took me 3 months to see changes that others could
    see. But now EVERYONE I see comments on how much better I look. You'll get there, you just
    have to stay strong and stick with it!

:wink:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Many people, like myself, lose the weight starting at the extremities (legs, hands, arms) before it hits the midriff. Hang in there eventually it will start to show where you want it to.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Years ago I heard that we lose fat everywhere, fingers, toes, arms, legs, face, and also around vital organs. So while your waistline might not be seeing a difference, your heart might be hugging you, if hearts could do that. :heart: In my personal experience, 10 pounds is not really enough to move down a size in clothing, but at least I can put them on without laying on the bed and sucking in to snap them. Perfect example, I have a pair of low cut jeans from Gap that were my first inspiration. In September, I could not even put them on. Then I lost 10 pounds, still could not put them on, then I lost 10 more, ah ha, they fit. Over the holidays, I gained back ten pounds, but not the inches. The jeans still fit. But after a new start, joining here and exercising, they now fit better and I don't feel like I have to pull them up everytime I sit down. I wore them this week end and I looked great and felt great.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Oh, all of this is so true. It is annoying but I have now noticed that my fingers and feet are thinner, yes I can put my rings on without using crisco to get them off... ugh. My legs and arms have made the most changes, my bust goes up and down and sometimes I feel like my waist just really really loves me and doesn't want to leave.

TAke measurements of you whole body and once a month look at them again. I find, and this is nutty, that the months I lose weight my measurements don't change much, but the months that I seem to stay at or about the same weight my measurements change. The body is a curious thing!
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Hahaha, I'd love to see it off my arms and hands; I hate my arms. :tongue: Everywhere just looks the same.

Oh, well.

Thank you guys for responding.
    :heart:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    it is very true. my belly is the last to lose. First its my face, then my feet and my girls :wink:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    We all lose it differently. After I lost 10 pounds I didn't feel the difference either, but now I am down 14lbs. and I am starting to see it in my pants. Don't let it discourage you, they will start to get big soon. I tend to lose it first from my waist up even though I see slight changes in my legs.