Oh boy did I blow it today

Options
Well, it was my birthday first off. Then lots of stress at work. Well, I fell so far off the wagon ... I had wayyyyy too much food, went almost 1000 calories of my daily limit. Didn't exercise. I'm feeling like I need to kick myself in the *kitten* good and hard. My sons took me to a hockey game for my birthday. Slices of pizza and a hot dog and well, I feel so HUGE right now. :cry: Sigh.

Replies

• UpDownMostly
    Options
    Well, it was my birthday first off. Then lots of stress at work. Well, I fell so far off the wagon ... I had wayyyyy too much food, went almost 1000 calories of my daily limit. Didn't exercise. I'm feeling like I need to kick myself in the *kitten* good and hard. My sons took me to a hockey game for my birthday. Slices of pizza and a hot dog and well, I feel so HUGE right now. :cry: Sigh.
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    Me too! I went WAY over today, I just couldn't stop!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    First of all, Happy Birthday!

Second, birthdays are to be CELEBRATED!! So don't be so hard on yourself. Just get up and do it right tomorrow....and a whole bunch of more tomorrows...... you'll get there.

Good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Great thing about the human body is, it will bounce back rather quickly. Just jump right back on today. Think about it long term, 1000 cals is about 1/3 of a lb. Couple of extra minutes a day for a week or so, or 2 or 3 extra workouts and you will be right back there. Or you could shave a couple hundred cals off your existing plan for 3 or 4 days. No problem! We all have little setbacks, Birthdays should be exempt from just about anyone's plan (if you want). I haven't had one since I have been on track yet, but I know I'll have that piece of cake when I do.
  • its time for change
    Options
    Happy Birthday UpDown!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Don't feel bad about taking the day off. How fortunate we all are to have our health, to be alive. It really is cause for a celebration.

In fact, my hubby's birthday is coming up. I always make a nice big birthday dinner for him. I have just decided that I will eat it!! And when mine comes up, I'll eat that day too. I'll use it as my day off for the week.

Does everyone log in there calories for their day off? I considered yesterday my day off since my kids had a long weekend and I went 500 calories over because I was really hungry. I got on the scale this morning, down another pound. Last Monday I weighed 185. This morning I weigh 178!!:happy:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    The only way I see this as a problem is if you decide to focus on the negative to the point where you delay getting back on track. I know this is a weight loss site, but it's also a lifestyle improvement site, and we don't do that overnight. So think of some positive things about your birthday, say them outloud to override the negative thoughts, use it as a learning experience, and get right back on the wagon..... we're waiting for you. :wink:
  • Tgeorge
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

Try to reign it back in and take an extra 30 minutes on exercise. Drink lots of water to flush out the added salt in pizza & hot dogs.

On the beating yourself up.... i try to remember to talk to myself as if I am talking to a friend/child. Sometimes our inner voices are so critical.
  • Catherinex
    Options
    Happy Birthday :flowerforyou: And I am sure that pizza tasted great at the time :tongue: My birthday is a long way off but I'm sure I will induldge myself with a nice slice of something :happy: And like the above posts say, you can easily make up for it in the comming days.
  • wackadoodle
    wackadoodle Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Tim you know its ok and it was your birthday and you deserve to have what you did. Just pick yourself up dust yourself off and start again. You can and will do this, knowing I am right here beside you every step of the way.

You should have seen me sniffing the PEANUT BUTTER yesterday just wanting to stick my finger in it and eat the whole jar! It isnt easy especially this first couple of weeks. Just remember you control what goes into your mouth not your body!

My family thinks I am punishing myself eating just the way I am but that is just tough I am sticking with this for sure no matter what. I NEED IT and I WANT IT and I AM GOING TO DO IT.

Start pushing the water to get detoxed from the stuff you ate. It works for sure. I am now up to the 8 glasses a day that we are supposed to be having. I spend a lot of time in the bathroom BUT its working. You can do this TIm!

Dont kick yourself, just move it forward.

Love ya friend,
    Peggy
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! And ditto to the others . . . You'll be o.k. just don't get so down that you stay off the wagon!! And just think - next year you can celebrate again but you will be smaller!! (Maybe it won't hurt so much to fall off the wagon then. . . :laugh: ) Oh, and healthier and will be around to celebrate many, many more birthdays!!
  • jennababe1992
    Options
    :tongue: Today was my first day on the diet and i have not had time to exercise bc we have a plumber here right now, but later i am going to... but i went wayyy over the limit.:cry: And so i feel fat now.:cry: .. and i still have dinner to go. :cry: But i will try and exercise enough to get it under tonight.:happy:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Going over on cals happens to the best of us. Being able to celebrate and then get back on track is ok.
    I had a friend visiting and didn't work out, and ate way too much, myself. Back to high gear for the both of us!!:tongue: